Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8] From: Resampler plugin (Read 1629 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #8] From: Resampler plugin

I use the default output of foobar and I use ALC892, and if you notice, you will find that the sound card only supports 44.1 / 48 / 96 / 192 but when I play 88.2 and 176.4 I can get the sound from it, so it does the resampling and in it's control panel I also set to use 24-bit 192kHz which is the highest it can produce, and when I replaced the SoX with PPHS, I can easily understand the difference, this SoX works the best.

What do you think?

Reply #1
I also set to use 24-bit 192kHz which is the highest it can produce, and when I replaced the SoX with PPHS, I can easily understand the difference, this SoX works the best.

What do you think?

I think you should read #8 of our terms of service, to which you agreed upon registering your account and follow it when making claims about sound quality, especially at physiologically pointless resolutions.

Reply #2
And I did not tell anything about the quality or such, I just told that I can feel the difference between the SoX and PPHS, which is really obvious and everyone knows that these two methods are different from each other.

And this is not a good way to help people out there, my friend.  You just got too far away from the original question.

Reply #3
And I did not tell anything about the quality or such, I just told that I can feel the difference between the SoX and PPHS, which is really obvious
Saying you can “feel the difference” is, specifically, a statement about quality.

and everyone knows that these two methods are different from each other.
Different in their technicalities, yes, but audibly? You’re obliged to provide evidence for your claim; never mind appealing to some amorphous “everyone”, who just happens to agree with you.

And this is not a good way to help people out there, my friend.  You just got too far away from the original question.
Don’t paint me as the one who’s clogging up the thread with pointless material. In that spirit, I’m binning your last two posts for not being compliant with Hydrogenadio’s rules.