Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols) (Read 203648 times) previous topic - next topic

Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols)

Reply #125
Ok, thats fine, I will have to spend more time with the computer the next days and foobar is always running.
I will let you know if there are any problems as soon as I encounter one.

I might have a tiny suggestion, only if you like:
the volume control is exponential (I know it was like this before) and thought maybe of another option in the menu (exponential/linear)? not a big deal though, I am fine with exponential.

greetings
Parsi
All tracks accurately ripped

End of status report

Reply #126
minor bug:
when you change the volume in foobar window, your volume bar in taskbar is not updated until you hover it with the mouse pointer.

But I fear if you fix this it will increase CPU usage.
All tracks accurately ripped

End of status report

Reply #127
minor bug:
when you change the volume in foobar window, your volume bar in taskbar is not updated until you hover it with the mouse pointer.

But I fear if you fix this it will increase CPU usage.

Yes, it will increase CPU usage. Approximately by 0.001% :-)

The "slowest" part of AdvancedControls is to update the icons. That's why several, really quick internal tests are done to check if the update would change something or not. The check for volume position wasn't performed correctly.

Fixed, will be in next release.

Reply #129
It seems to work fine in XP.
The stop does not work and others seem inaccurate.

Reply #130

Sorry, could you rephrase that? I'm not sure you're saying it works fine or it is inaccurate...

Reply #131

Sorry, could you rephrase that? I'm not sure you're saying it works fine or it is inaccurate...

Excuse me.
New version NOT work fine in XP.
Stop not work. next play is inaccurate.
No problem with previous version.

Reply #132

Excuse me.
New version NOT work fine in XP.
Stop not work. next play is inaccurate.
No problem with previous version.

Well, it works in the Windows XP I used for testing, so I will need more information to fix the issue.

- I suppose you tried the latest version?
- Do you use a special theme, some specific configuration that could change the appearance, size or behavior of the windows taskbar?

Reply #133

Yes: 0.6.5.2 with XP SP3 italian
- Do you use a special theme, some specific configuration that could change the appearance, size or behavior of the windows taskbar?

Not
If i click the stop, or previous or pause button it move the volume; often but not always.
I if i click "next" the the bar control go to top and return to normal; often but not always.
At first when I click on a song in the playlist then the addon works often.

Reply #134

Not
If i click the stop, or previous or pause button it move the volume; often but not always.
I if i click "next" the the bar control go to top and return to normal; often but not always.

Can you send a screenshot of your taskbar to info@niversoft.com please?

Click an empty spot of your taskbar, press ALT-PrintScreen on your keyboard, then paste into Paint (start menu, all programs, accessories, Paint). Save as jpeg and send by email.

I think I have an idea of what's going on, but I want to be sure.

Thanks.

Reply #135
Hello.

Thanks for the screenshot.

I see the hitpoint is about 2 pixels off in the two dimensions, which may explain why you're hitting the volume bar or the Prev button when clicking Stop. I will try to fix this as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, try to click a bit more to the right and down of the buttons, you'll avoid missing the spot.

Regards.

Not

Reply #136
Version 0.6.5.3 is now available, fixing this issue.

http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/show.php?id=138
http://www.niversoft.com/products/fac

NH

Not

Reply #137
it has improved, but version 0.6.5.3 it worked better in XP.
With this version I have to click several times until i find the exact spot that works. Especially the button "next"

Reply #138
it has improved, but version 0.6.5.3 it worked better in XP.
With this version I have to click several times until i find the exact spot that works. Especially the button "next"

Should be fixed now.

The maths to calculate the hot spots and the icons positions are simple arithmetic but use a truck load of different variables coming from the Windows settings, the current taskbar position, the mouse position, etc, most being relative to another, some absolute. The variable tray icon width of all Windows prior to Vista is not the easiest to integrate (the icon width / height is usually 16 pixels, but may vary with the windows title bars height, go figure)

NH

Reply #140
If you want to complete the italian translation:

Hide after
=
Nascondi dopo

Auto-pause when screensaver starts
=
Pausa automatica quando si avvia lo screensaver

Reply #141
With the old version would change the volume while moving the bar slide.
Now the volume will not change until you leave the mouse button.
Why?

Reply #142
With the old version would change the volume while moving the bar slide.
Now the volume will not change until you leave the mouse button.
Why?

This looks like an unintended change from the last version, even more as it's not present in Win7, only in WinXP and Vista. Please download 0.6.5.4 .

http://www.niversoft.com/products/fac
http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/show.php?id=138

Reply #143
Auto-pause when screensaver starts
=
Pausa automatica quando si avvia lo screensaver
NOT
Pausa automatica quando si avvio lo screensaver

"avvia" is right
I was wrong to write the beginning
slide and volume is ok now in XP

Reply #144
Thanks for the work to bring this component to the latest Windows.
I can confirm that the current version stil works on Vista.

BTW. On the download places the version 0.6.5.3 is still mentioned.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #145
Hi, I really like the delete function of the advanced controls. In fact that is the reason, I got this plugin for foobar. (The tray controls were just a bonus for me, but now I don't want to miss them )
Previously I had a similar plugin for Winamp. I configured it to delete the file without asking, as I am sure, when I use my key combination, and sometimes listen to music, while playing a game.
I really miss this option at advanced controls. It's not a hard thing to implement that, so please?

Reply #146
Hi, I really like the delete function of the advanced controls. In fact that is the reason, I got this plugin for foobar. (The tray controls were just a bonus for me, but now I don't want to miss them )
Previously I had a similar plugin for Winamp. I configured it to delete the file without asking, as I am sure, when I use my key combination, and sometimes listen to music, while playing a game.
I really miss this option at advanced controls. It's not a hard thing to implement that, so please?

This option is not currently available, and I'm not sure it is something I want to implement in this component. I'm pretty sure that, if I offer an easy access to such an option, I will then receive hundreds of emails complaining about mysteriously disappearing music files. You may not know this, but the Winamp version of this plugin shares 90% of the code with this one, so adding this option here would also add it on the Winamp side. Foobar2000 users are usually knowledgeable. Most Winamp users too, but over the several thousands who are running my plugin there WILL be several file casualities.

You would have better luck with this other component of mine: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=53305
I didn't update it for a while but it should still work with the latest Foobar2000. Let me know in the other thread if you have troubles with it.
I know it duplicates the Delete function already available in Advanced Controls, but it also gives you the no-confirm option.

Regards.
NH

Reply #147
Hey, thanks, I will have a look at that.
So, as you have a tool, which has the option, you actually know, if people are stupid enough to complain. 
Keep in mind, that people, who install plugins aren't that stupid.... Even, when they use Winamp. (Well, you started with THAT prejudice... Hell, we are not talking about Media Player plugins here!  )

Reply #148
Hey, thanks, I will have a look at that.
So, as you have a tool, which has the option, you actually know, if people are stupid enough to complain. 
Keep in mind, that people, who install plugins aren't that stupid.... Even, when they use Winamp. (Well, you started with THAT prejudice... Hell, we are not talking about Media Player plugins here!  )

Yes, a component for Foobar2000 only, used by people who know what they are doing.

The Advanced Controls plugin/component for Winamp has been downloaded more than 150 thousand times, so with conservative numbers, if 10% of these downloads are still in use and 95% of them know what they are doing, that still means up to 750 possible complains about mysteriously disappearing music. And I don't have the time to deal with that.

Yes, I'm probably making all that up in my mind. Still, better safe than sorry. If I find a better, safe solution, I will let you know.

Reply #149
Make everyone type "I will not complain about deleted tracks", in order to activate the option.