Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Default UI .fth thread (Read 56977 times) previous topic - next topic

Default UI .fth thread

[attachment=4277:attachment]

Default UI .fth thread

Reply #1
 Love your config. I use it (slightly modified) a lot ... Thanks!

Default UI .fth thread

Reply #2
which plugins should i have to run this?

Default UI .fth thread

Reply #3
just foobar 0.9.5+ and facets.

Default UI .fth thread

Reply #4
Thanx, got a bit stupid about it %)

Default UI .fth thread

Reply #5
Color scheme made to match purple nebula like backgrounds, like this one.
Import "main layout" for spectrogram colors.
(pic)
[attachment=5133:nebula_m...g_colors.zip]
elevatorladylevitateme

Default UI .fth thread

Reply #6
In response to the request to upload my configuration I posted here

The "Livesets" tab probably won't work out so well as I've used custom tags in conjunction with Facets there.

Default UI .fth thread

Reply #7
I thought I'd share my foobar2000 theme and setup because there's not a whole lot of basic default user interface themes that are pretty and functional (let alone easy to set up).  This theme promises to be all three (but the first is obviously subjective).  First off, some screenshots:

Installation

1. Start with a fresh installation of foobar2000 1.0.1 (or a later version).

2. Download the attached "Jason's Clean Theme 1.0.zip" file and extract it directly into your foobar2000 installation directory (overwrite all necessary files/folders).

3. Start up foobar2000, and everything will be set, but you'll have no music in your library.  Go to the File menu and select Preferences.

4. In the Preferences window, select "Media Library" on the left, and then click the "Add..." button in the top right.

5. Choose the folder where all of your music resides.

6. Press OK out of the Preferences dialog, wait a few seconds for foobar2000 to parse your music, and then you're all set!

Usage Tips

Double-click on an album in the playlist to bring up the songs for that album. In the songs, double-click the name of the album to go back to the album covers.

Double-click on the status bar at the bottom to jump to the currently playing song in the playlist.

To set the rating for a song, right-click on the song and select Playback Statistics > Rating > 1-5. Or use Ctrl-1 through Ctrl-5 as a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-~ clears the rating).

The colors are completely customizable via the Display > Standard User Interface > Colors and Fonts preferences dialog.

By default, ratings and playback statistics are stored only in foobar2000's database. To automatically store them in the song file tags as well, check the "Automatically synchronize file tags with statistics" option under Advanced > Tools > Playback Statistics in the preferences dialog. The interface mentions that this is "disrecommended" (which isn't a word, by the way), but this feature works perfectly fine for me.

Components

You'll need to pick up the components from here and put them in your components subfolder:

Let me know your thoughts or if you run into any issues.

Jason

[Merger #1]
I should note that the theme will work just fine under XP, except for the rating stars. This is due to the fact that the default XP user interface font doesn't include the necessary star characters. See this thread for a workaround:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofive...php/t71224.html

You'll want to right-click on the Rating column header, select "Edit Column", and put the code from the above thread into the Format box.

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, it should work just fine out of the box.

[Merger #2]
My post was moved here from a separate thread and the attachment was deleted because I bundled the necessary components (which apparently doesn't fly).  I've attached a new zip file without the components included.

Default UI .fth thread

Reply #8
I thought I'd share my foobar2000 theme and setup because there's not a whole lot of basic default user interface themes that are pretty and functional (let alone easy to set up).  This theme promises to be all three (but the first is obviously subjective).  First off, some screenshots:

Let me know your thoughts or if you run into any issues.

Jason

Hello Jason,

thank you for sharing your layout. :-)

Unfortunately I don´t get get the Album-Arts page to look like yours..
I only see the Album title, Artist-Name, year and genre right-side the Album-Cover.. So I don´t geht more than three Albums in a row.
What do I have to change?

Regards,
Markus

Default UI .fth thread

Reply #9
EsPlaylist is probably configured to show the contents of the active playlist. right click>browse>browse library to show everything.