Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: uTextOutColorsTabbed (Read 2724 times) previous topic - next topic

uTextOutColorsTabbed

My problem is that the function seems to always want to start the text at the left border of the destination DC, regardless of the 'left'-member of the item-RECT, which only clips the text away. The only way I found to move the text to the right is to set the border-parameter - but this also makes a border between the columns as i just discovered.

So is there any way to put the text where i want it or do i have to write my own function for this ?

uTextOutColorsTabbed

Reply #1
This is indeed a bug in utf8api.dll; I stumbled upon this and another related bug some time ago. You need to apply this patch to text_drawing.cpp. You will need to ship the patched version of utf8api.dll with your component, at least for the current version of foobar2000. I have already sent the patch to zZzZzZz, so it will be included in future releases.

uTextOutColorsTabbed

Reply #2
thanks a lot

uTextOutColorsTabbed

Reply #3
Hrmmm... I noticed this too but just figured it was the way it was intended to work. 
Oh well, turned out DrawTextEx was what I really wanted anyway.