Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 1 (Read 45270 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 1

Reply #26
I can't rip or do any stuff with the new EAC. I can't make cue files and when EAC should start ripping it just hangs and I have to restart the program. I am on Windows 7 x64 and have a "Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A 1-04" and I use the drive profile which EAC recognizes which correct offset etc. Anyone else having the same problem? Regards

Reply #27
I can't rip or do any stuff with the new EAC. I can't make cue files and when EAC should start ripping it just hangs and I have to restart the program. I am on Windows 7 x64 and have a "Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A 1-04" and I use the drive profile which EAC recognizes which correct offset etc. Anyone else having the same problem? Regards

Same for me on Windows 7 x86. It can play the CD and identify it but when I go to rip, it freezes.

Reply #28
If you haven't, you should try the official forum since I don't think Andre reads this one.

What drive letter do you have associated with the drive you're trying to use to rip?

Reply #29
I fresh installed v1.0 and set it up from scratch. Worked great and I loved the album art search and copy to the music folder feature.

No issues yet as I've only ripped a few CDs to WavPack and V1 LAME VBR. I also like the feature of advancing the track numbers on the subsequent discs so it can all be put into one play folder. I had to edit the playlist by combining the separate disc tracks in one file.

Q6600 processor, Win7 x64 Pro, 8GB of memory.

Reply #30
Can anyone hazard a guess as to why, even though I have "Delete WAV after compression" checked, EAC does not delete the WAVs, and furthermore, just to rub it in, gives all my flac files random 9-character filenames starting with #tmp?  (FWIW the WAVs are named perfectly)

Reply #31
...EAC does not delete the WAVs, and ...gives all my flac files random 9-character filenames starting with #tmp?

One thing that will cause this is extra characters (like a space) entered at

Compression Options --- External Compression tab --- Use file extension: ________

Make sure the text box has nothing but ".flac"

Reply #32
Thanks, that did the trick

Reply #33
no zip file?

Reply #34
Unpack the installable .exe file with 7zip