Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AIFF Files & Foobar, (B&W's 'Society of Sound' now only providing AIFF) (Read 965 times) previous topic - next topic

AIFF Files & Foobar, (B&W's 'Society of Sound' now only providing AIFF)

B&W's 'Society of Sound' is now only providing AIFF files & not FLAC as previous.
Having just back to them, it is possibly relevant that I copy/paste the latest to them.
"It is only today that I actually tried to play them as a complete series from a particular album.
Previously I could select all the tracks & 'dump' them into Foobar, ie, "Play in Foobar 2000" or "Enque in Foobar 2000".
With the IAFF files, it does not give this 'option, (can only select "Play") & if a 'group' of tracks selected will do strange things such a briefly playing a track & then going to the next & continuing in similar fashion.
It WILL play the whole track if only ONE track selected, (but this is obviously quite useless, particularly if wishing to listen to the 'Verdi Requiem').
I do not expect you to be the expert on AIFF & Foobar 2000, but perhaps you can check with 'others' as to the problems I relate, as to not be able to 'effectively' use the 'Society of Sound' music would be disappointing."

I think this shows the actual problem, but to mention that when I enquired initially, they indicated that I should have no trouble with the 'new' AIFF files.
So, I guess basically to ask if you agree that AIFF should be no trouble using Foobar 2000, ( I just updated just in case it made a difference). And particularly as to my findings as provided to B&W as above, can you assist me.
Regards & Thanks,
John Haines

Re: AIFF Files & Foobar, (B&W's 'Society of Sound' now only providing AIFF)

Reply #1
Hi John.

I just tried several 5.1 and stereo AIFF files in fb2k and they seem to be working fine on my end.
Therefore, I suspect there might be something "special" to those B&W files.

Could you please use MediaInfo to analyse any of those files and post back the result ?
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

One of my 5.1 files for example  looks like this:
Code: [Select]
General 
Complete name : E:\_Encoding_\51MIX_out.aif
Format : AIFF
Format/Info : Apple/SGI
File size : 61.0 MiB
Duration : 1 min 14 s
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 6 912 kb/s

Audio