Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Re: FLAC compression in EAC doesn't work (Read 1747 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from FLAC compression in E...

Re: FLAC compression in EAC doesn't work

Hi. I am going to open this thread again. I just downloaded EAC 1.3. I then set it up according to the various Hydrogenaudio configuration guides. I did not install LAME. I am going with FLAC only. My problem is that the output file from CMP (compress) is creating a file with a .wav extension. I have been thru all of the parms several times now. I even did a WAV of the file. Both output files were the same length.

I have attached the two log files. The Fallujah - The Flesh Prevails.log clearly shows that the flac.exe has been used.  The other log is for the simple WAV copy.

I expect that I have simply done something wrong with the filename or some such. I dunno.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Re: FLAC compression in EAC doesn't work

Reply #1
looks like there is an extra space before -o in the command line?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Your command line has the destination (which I don't think is actually necessary), but doesn't include the source.

EDIT:
@ A_Man_Eating_Duck:
That extra space is inconsequential, though it is likely where %source% had once existed.

Reply #3
Thanks guys. I removed the %dest% parm and added %source%. That seems to have done the trick. I now get .flac output.  :)