Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Issue with the UPnP control point interface (Read 1725 times) previous topic - next topic

Issue with the UPnP control point interface

So I'm working on UPnP support for our CQC product (www.charmedquark.com) and the immediate reason for it is that someone wants a driver to control Foobar from CQC. It's been quite a spinup so far, since I've not messed with UPnP at all before. But I have the basics worked out. However, no matter what I do when invoking SetAVTransportURI, Foobar's console shows that it's complaining that it cannot part the metadata. I've sent it an empty string, an empty DIDL-Lite element, various people's interpretations out there of what DIDL-Lite format should be. I've just tried probably fifty variations by now and it always fails for this reason.

What am I missing here? It's got to be something obvious.

BTW, while I'm asking, if anyone out there has played with this, how the hell do you pass an "I don't care" type of input parameter to InvokeAction in the C/C++ version of the COM interface (for the safe array of input parms I mean)?  If I pass a VT_NULL variant foobar STILL complaints that it couldn't parse the metadata. If I try an EMPTY one that's obviously bad because the API fails on my side. An empty string doesn't work. What am I missing here? I'm burning up hours and brain cells on this seemingly simple thing.