Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iPod manager (Read 2219917 times) previous topic - next topic

[seemingly abandonware] iPod manager

Reply #3800
oh btw, the ipad is ipad1, dunno if that method still work with the newer version of ios handheld

I am trying this but it is not working. Are you syncing any music from iTunes itself or have you before doing these steps (any playlist and such)f? Have you checked "Manually manage music and videos" (when iPhone is connected under Summary in iTunes)?
Some more details would be really appreciated.

Reply #3801
Things that contribute nothing to this thread (disclaimer: not necessarily an exhaustive list):
• complaints about foo_dop’s lack of development
• speculation about whether someone else will develop a replacement
• speculation about musicmusic

Please, either start developing a replacement yourself, or stop posting the same vague musings about some mythical future hero who will. The only reason that I can see to leave this thread open at all now is for questions about existing functionality that can be answered by other users.

I’ve split away the latest round of off-topic posts of the above-emphasised flavour; I’ve only rerained from deleting them outright purely to entertain the minuscule probability they can solicit such a hero.

Reply #3802
Having this problem when trying to sync my ipod with foobar

'SQLite command failed: 58 values for 59 columns'

any fixes? if there is any one left.

Reply #3803
oh btw, the ipad is ipad1, dunno if that method still work with the newer version of ios handheld

I am trying this but it is not working. Are you syncing any music from iTunes itself or have you before doing these steps (any playlist and such)f? Have you checked "Manually manage music and videos" (when iPhone is connected under Summary in iTunes)?
Some more details would be really appreciated.

Well... i upload the stuff using foobar, and it was undected
next i made it detected by synching the ipad with itunes, stopped it halfway in step2 (cancelled @ preparing to sync)

Reply #3804
I have two 2 ipod : classic gen 6 & ipod video .

Ipod video has music  transfered by ipod manager in foobar . All things work great . I know our Ipod manager not embed artwork in music file . They located at "artwork" folder in Ipod hdd .

I transfered music from ipod video to gen 6 , but artwork is missing . When transform , only music file transfered , artwork won't display even if I copy "artwork" folder from video to gen 6 .

Could I have any trick to fix it ? Please help me .

// sorry for my poor English

Reply #3805
Wanted to post my steps for getting this plugin to work with my Iphone. These steps have worked for me when I had a iPhone 3GS iOS4 & iOS5, and also with my current iPhone 4 with iOS6.

First off, you have to have iTunes installed. I don't think there's anyway around that. Good news, you don't have to keep any sort of music library stored in iTunes.

As stated before, the homepage for the files you'll need are here: http://yuo.be/ipod.php

For the iPhone 4, you need to also download the iPhoneCalc.dll. What is not clear, is that you place this DLL in the root folder for foobar, and NOT the components folder. I can confirm that this DLL was never needed for my 3GS.

Make sure under the iPod manger preferences that you have checked "Enable Mobile Support" under the Mobile tab.

Now use the iPod sync feature in foobar as you normally would.

Once the sync is finished in foobar, close foobar and launch iTunes.

iTunes should detect your phone and display it in the menu. Under the iPhone menu tree, select the Music folder. You should see all the songs foobar copied to your phone.

Double-click a song to have iTunes start playing the song. Once you confirmed the song is playing, stop the song.

At this point you should see the sync icon start to spin in iTunes. This is the little icon that replaces the eject button on the iPhone menu tree. This "sync" is NOT the main iTunes sync process. My guess is that iTunes detects issues with your music database, and corrects it. This seems to be the magical step that fixes whatever problems iPod manager has.

Once the sync icon goes away, and you see the eject button again, eject the phone.

Now look at your iPhone, you should see a refresh icon spinning on your screen header, next to the battery life. Wait for this icon to go away.

Once the refresh icon goes away, you should now see your songs and playlist you copied over from Foobar. It is important to stress that you will not see your playlist and songs on your iPhone until this refresh icon goes away. I'm assuming the iphone is doing some sort of indexing.

Hope this works for others, and I hope this tricks works well into the future.

Reply #3806
And are you by chance also seeing all album artwork displayed properly on your iPhone using this method?

Reply #3807
Not working for me, followed everything to the letter as well.  What version of iTunes are you using for this, I've got 10.7 so maybe it needs an older version?

Reply #3808
i'm getting a "Apple Mobile Device: error: AMDeviceStartSession returned E8000013" plugin in my iPOd... i can copy/sync files, they show up proper in iTunes under my "iPod" .. but playing them, doesn't make it sync again.. just nothing happens... also, the artwork seems to work fine...

this is very annoying, foobar copys so fast and have features like replay gain... i cannot believe that there's no workaround..

Reply #3809
And are you by chance also seeing all album artwork displayed properly on your iPhone using this method?

No, sorry, it never was a goal of mine. I don't see any album art in my collection.

Reply #3810
Not working for me, followed everything to the letter as well.  What version of iTunes are you using for this, I've got 10.7 so maybe it needs an older version?

I just got my iPhone 4 this week (non-S). Did my above steps with 10.7. What iPhone and iOS version do you have?

Reply #3811
i am using the newst iTunes and an iPOd touch with 5.0.1

to hell with that.. im going back to mediamonkey for synching..

Reply #3812
It works for me! Iphone 4S, IOS 5.1.1, Itunes 10.6.3.25, Windows 7 x64

Reply #3813
How does Spotify handles Artwork (i guess, only embedded is supported)?

Spotify does it's own lookups & downloads of artwork on its desktop client, and copies them to the phone, I think. Or uses the embedded if available. I'm using Spotify, paying for the premium sub (which allows streaming over cellular) and I'm happy with it. Not as happy as I was with this plugin to be honest, but it does the job for me. One bonus is that it syncs over WiFi, so I can load up playlists with hundreds of new tracks and take my phone bedside and it syncs over WiFi with the client left open on the desktop while I'm asleep. The social features are very good, and their library ain't half bad, either. First subscription-based music service I've ever paid for without grumbling.

Thanks for all you did musicmusic, wherever you are. All the best to you.

Reply #3814
Works for me (WinXP SP3, iTunes 10.7.0.21, iPhone4 with 5.1.1), thanks.

Albumart is not working, though... Space available is fairly limited (only 4G free) so I guess I could consider it a "feature".

Nevertheless, if there's a way to add artwork to iPhone songs through iTunes (I do NOT embed it in my files) I'd be interested to hear it.

Alessandro

Reply #3815
So, what fearless person has tried the foo_dop sync to iTunes 11. Playing 1 song to see if iTunes 11 will correct the database similar to 10.3.

Reply #3816
So, what fearless person has tried the foo_dop sync to iTunes 11. Playing 1 song to see if iTunes 11 will correct the database similar to 10.3.

Can confirm i'm on latest ITunes ver.  and still use foo_dop to copy to my Touch , playing one song to get it to show music

Reply #3817
I'm using foobar2000 1.1.8 on windows 8 and I have a 6th gen iPod classic. When I plug my iPod in, and open foobar, everything is fine, however, when I eject my ipod, all the artists are all out of order. Is there a way to fix this?

Reply #3818
I can't seem to find the "update metadata" option anywhere in foobar. In preferences > display > context menu it shows up checked, but it doesn't show up on any context menu I try to bring up. Even on songs that I know are on my ipod, the context menu only brings up "send to ipod" or "sync with ipod". Help?

Reply #3819
is this going to get updated again ever? iOS is on like 6.something now

what kind of stuff is required to make it compatible?

Reply #3820

I'm guessing a new component is needed at this point now.

Reply #3821

I'm guessing a new component is needed at this point now.

hmm thanks. i'm going to try to look into it. it would be nice if i could get a hold of the developers of this one. (haven't tried yet)

Reply #3822
If you read just a little bit earlier in this thread, you will see that musicmusic, the sole developer of foo_dop, has not been heard of for over a year, hence the bracketed subtitle added to the title. I imagine plenty of people have tried to reach musicmusic without a reply, so you may want to save the effort.

Reply #3823
If you read just a little bit earlier in this thread, you will see that musicmusic, the sole developer of foo_dop, has not been heard of for over a year, hence the bracketed subtitle added to the title. I imagine plenty of people have tried to reach musicmusic without a reply, so you may want to save the effort.

ah good to know haha

Reply #3824
Hey

So I've got an iPod classic 6G, and on first sync all artwork is added as it should be, however after the first time the database is re-written a lot of the artwork gets removed? It seems random as to what artwork is removed, most of my music is in FLAC with embedded artwork, and I use foo_dop to transcode to AAC. This has happened to me on two seperate ipods, any idea why this is? I'm pretty sure it's not an itunes problem as even if I uninstall it it still happens.

Cheers