Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Questions regarding UI editing (Read 2140 times) previous topic - next topic

Questions regarding UI editing

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it if it is.

First off, I feel like I should provide a link to the theme and give credit to the original artist.  It's a great skin.

http://extremehunter1972.deviantart.com/ar...X-1-2-151924059

Now, onto my questions.  This is the closest a theme has got in terms of reaching my tastes but I'm pretty minimalist so there's a lot of stuff on the theme I'd like to remove or optimize.

1. How would I go about removing or rearranging the elements on the left side panel (library, playlist, etc.)?  I'm capable of reading through the script and messing with it if I have to especially if information available (like a code wiki, tutorials, etc.).

2. How do I prevent foobar from minimizing to the taskbar rather than the tray?  I'm on Windows 7.  I can probably figure this out on my own, but with the mess of all the components included with the theme it's difficult to find.

3. How would I rearrange the song information order when a song is playing?  (e.g. - The theme image says "03. Edge of Honour - HammerFall - Crimson Thunder"  : I'd prefer it say just "HammerFall - Edge of Honour")

4. How can I adjust the size of the volume bar and the size of the progress bar?

5. On the theme there are buttons between the volume/progress bar and the content box (the one that displays the playlist) and they're all pretty useless.  Only a few actually do something and all they do is adjust the window size quickly.  I'd like to remove these all-together.  How would I go about doing that?

6. If you notice there's a clock on the theme.  How would I go about rearranging the way the date is displayed, as well as putting it on 12 hour time instead of 24 hour time?

The last few questions are a little different, they have to deal with lyrics.

The theme comes with lyrics2 but I've noticed that lyrics3 has since been introduced and I'm curious if it's worth messing around with to update it.  Also, how would I go about doing that?

And this last question is a little stupid, but I just want to know the easiest and fastest way to add lyrics to .flac files.

-Zack

P.S - You can contact me on Skype if you feel that you'd be able to explain things more thoroughly or provide me with better help.  My username is xandal.camove.satsuray

Reply #1
I apologize for the double post, but I realized I had one more very important question.  The theme is optimized for the portable installation of foobar, so I'd like to know how I could make it work for the standard install.  I really, really miss file associations.

Reply #2
You are asking for alot  Keep in mind that this skin is 2 years old. Many of the people who would be knowledgeable, use up-to-date implementations of components which may of undergone many changes.

You are using a heavily modified skin and the policy here is for support to be offered via where ever you downloaded.

On the other hand, if you have learned enough via poking about the code to ask specific questions about component functionality, I would:
  • focus on posting to the topics related to the various components running on your skin.
  • One issue per topic will likely maximize chance of receiving assistance

Reply #3
You know what, you're right.  I'll ask a single question to you then.  Where would I find a good knowledge base or resource library for how to develop custom UIs?  If I'm going to be this picky I should probably just do it all myself.

Reply #4
You are working on the cutting / bleeding edge. Documentation is most likely going to be within limited to component topics and in notes embedded in scripts. There may also be documentation links on the respective component download pages

Rolling your own is a good decision. And for a minimal look you may be surprised at how much can be done within the default user interface with little to no scripting beyond titleformatting.

Reply #5
How good at this kinda stuff are you?  Enough to give me a little push in the right direction via PM or Skype?

Reply #6
If you go beyond the Default interface, I am of no use. For DUI, PM me will be fine. Once you have focused you needs a bit, I believe the general forums will be best location for help.