Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Bug] Foobar cannot survive "Windows audio" restart (Read 1074 times) previous topic - next topic

[Bug] Foobar cannot survive "Windows audio" restart

Due to ESI Juli@, I'm having horrible problems with clicking sometimes. It just starts to corrupt every sound that is played with ripping. I've discovered that this can be workarounded by restarting Windows Audio service.
When I do this when foobar plays some music, foobar2000 displays "Unrecoverable playback error: Unknown error code (0x88780096)" and next time window is in focus it starts to play 1 second loop of music that was played. This loop does not go away even when I play another song, repeating endlessly. Only restart of foobar eliminates this.

Windows 7x64 SP1
Foobar 1.1.5