Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK Logo (Read 112765 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK Logo

Reply #50
Is it possible to have the flame in more colors (maybe two or so) and add the "Tom's lossless Audio Kompressor"?

Of course this is possible, but please specify what you mean exactly: Do you want every flame to have multiple colours (a gradient of as many colours as you wish is possible) or f.e. 3 flames red, 3 flames blue?
I have made two examples for what I mean by my question.

In my opinion, both looks awful, although the top one is a little better. I'd prefer a one-color approach nonetheless.

Previously, there was already a gradient existing, fading from a dark blue (or red, green, whatever) to a slightly lighter tone.
Nothing is impossible if you don't need to do it yourself.

TAK Logo

Reply #52
I showed my wife this thread so she made a couple of logos in PSP.

[a href="http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000723773593331163" target="_blank"]

Is it possible to have the flame in more colors (maybe two or so) and add the "Tom's lossless Audio Kompressor"?

Of course this is possible, but please specify what you mean exactly: Do you want every flame to have multiple colours (a gradient of as many colours as you wish is possible) or f.e. 3 flames red, 3 flames blue?
I have made two examples for what I mean by my question.

[a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank"]  Extremely hot flame might show up as UV, but that's sort of hard to represent in a logo...

-brendan

TAK Logo

Reply #53
@Silversight

You are right! doesn't look to good. Was just a thought. I still like the long flame with the writing "Tom's...". But the single color looks a bit boring.
Maybe you'll have a idea?

Anyway thanks for the try!

TAK Logo

Reply #54
I like the pure-blue one.
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

TAK Logo

Reply #55

TAK Logo

Reply #56
2) reminds me of Atari Teenage Riot

TAK Logo

Reply #60
It would be nice to have a logo that can easily be represented by a 32x32 icon, if not 16x16.

Well, from the "crosshairs" logo it's fairly simple to get icons... although I'll admit that was part of the thought process as I laid it out. Another point in trademark design is the ease of vectorization, since that largely determines the accuracy with which a logo can be reproduced in the real world. Why settle for a blocky, pixelized enlargement of a low-res image if you can have a clean, crisp representation? (Unless the logo was supposed to use an old-skool approach in the first place!)
--> 32x32 : --> 16x16 :

One plus for this design is that it's entirely constructed from lines and circles; no fonts were harmed in the creation of the crosshairs logo.

Still, I also enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing! Keep up the good work.

- M.

TAK Logo

Reply #61

Thats my first try. What do you think? :-)

edit: added another version

TAK Logo

Reply #62
...btw, when I look at TAK, "Tom's Awesome Kodec" immediately comes to mind. 

And of course, the requisite recursive backronym:

---  "TAK's A Kodec" ---

Or:

---  "TAK's A Kompressor" ---

-brendan

TAK Logo

Reply #63
It would be nice to have a logo that can easily be represented by a 32x32 icon, if not 16x16.

I don't know any application that uses the different codecs' logos as file type icons (they all use their own icons), but good scalability was also part of my design.

Besides: "tak" is danish for "thank you", whereas "tak tak" means "thank you very much".

TAK Logo

Reply #64
I don't know any application that uses the different codecs' logos as file type icons (they all use their own icons), but good scalability was also part of my design.

I use a boiler plate to create individual registry entries and create custom icons when necessary but I'm not too good at this artsy-fartsy stuff.  Personally I don't like the same icon for different file types, nor do I like the foobar approach of making small modifications to what is basically the same icon using a logo based on a player which really has nothing to do with individual file types.  FWIW, I use foobar as a utility not a media player, and admittedly, I still use the Winamp icon for mp3 files, lol.

TAK Logo

Reply #66
I still like the long flame with the writing "Tom's...". But the single color looks a bit boring.
Maybe you'll have a idea?

Actually, I had. Hope you all like it.

TAK Logo

Reply #68
Actually, I had. Hope you all like it.

[a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank"] Tweaking lossless audio codecs and engine tuning... I can see some similarities there.

TAK Logo

Reply #69
I like that second one the best so far, and I think having the text go around the circle would be real sharp.

Thank you! I tried that concept a few postings before, and although it works to a limited extent, there are two problems:

1. It doesn't look as good - the comet-like look almost vanishes because of the white circle being smaller.
2. The text becomes a part of the logo, thus the logo is incomplete without the text. For a text that long, text and logo have to be two entities which can be separated and/or rearranged.

While 2 sounds a little theoretical, there is one practical aspect: Readability. When you try to scale down a logo with circular text, you come to the point where the text becomes unreadable, but the logo is still rather big. With horizontal text as a separate entity, you can scale down the logo and leave the text unscaled or do without it.

Take corporate logos as an example. The Mercedes Benz logo comes to my mind, or Bayer, BMW, Ferrari, Hyundai (car manufacturers are indeed a good example). They don't have much text (if any at all) in their logos.

By the way: I like the second one better, too.

TAK Logo

Reply #70
I throw one more out:

TAK Logo

Reply #72
I really love M's design. Kind of simplicistic, retro-industrial

TAK Logo

Reply #73
You are very creative! Thank you!

I don't want to stop you!

I just want to let you know about my current preferences:

I like it's simplicity. And the association to a well known name ("TDK") in the audio industry really doesn't hurt...

While the general layout does not look good for me, i like the combination of black text and some gray graphics.

I prefer the right one. One nice thing about it: If scaled down to 32 pixels the TAK-text looks better than in the first (Rivers1080p) one. Possibly one could try to generate a logo similar to Rivers1080p' but with the font of Silversight's logo?

I throw one more out:

Well, i told you earlier, that TAK is also the name of a really bad creature in Stephen King's book "Regulators", which i really like. This logo may reflect this association.

Unfortunately it's more difficult to identify the wave data in the background than in your first try:

That's only my subjective taste...

Thank you again!

Thomas

edit: Changed 'text' to 'font'.

TAK Logo

Reply #74

@TBeck
I changed the Text of the Logo from Rivers1080p:

Maybe the font size of the text should be smaler that it fits on one line?

Well, i told you earlier, that TAK is also the name of a really bad creature in Stephen King's book "Regulators", which i really like. This logo may reflect this association.

I don't read Stephen King. So I didn't know.  ;-)