Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best way to alter balance (Read 1726 times) previous topic - next topic

Best way to alter balance

Hi, I need a way to change the balance for computer audio.

I used to use a preamp with a balance knob, but no longer.  I do most of my listening at my desk, which is much closer to one speaker.

I use (currently, though I will probably be changing interfaces) foobar on a w7 pc to a hagusb (usb to coax inteface) to a dac to the preamp.

Foobar doesn't have a balance function.

I could switch to jukebox software which does, though I like an awful lot of what foobar does including:
q)reasonably efficient with a 20,000 album library
b)peak meter and spectrogram are scalable and nicely usable
c)plays everything, including archived files
d)configurable volume steps

And I don't even know which if any software has a balance function.

Alternatively, are there audio mixers that would take all the sound coming from the pc and allow me to change the balance, or eq or whatever else?  That seems easiest, especially if some freeware is available.

Thanks for your help.

Best way to alter balance

Reply #1
Alternatively, are there audio mixers that would take all the sound coming from the pc and allow me to change the balance, or eq or whatever else? That seems easiest, especially if some freeware is available.

I presume Windows’ own mixer has its balance control disabled for your hardware? There are probably programs for this, which I’m sure someone else can introduce.

As for possible solutions with foobar2000, see what you think of this thread.