Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I edit the .cfg file? (Read 3791 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I edit the .cfg file?

I want to remove a bad "diskwriter output filename formatting" option. There's no way that I see to dfo it from the GUI, so I have to hand-edit the foobar2000.cfg file, right?

But when I try to remove the value that I don't want there anymore, and then open foobar, it nukes the .cfg!

What am I doing wrong?

Reply #1
You don't manually edit foobar2000.cfg. Ever.

Reply #2
You don't manually edit foobar2000.cfg. Ever.

I made that terrible mistake a week ago. foobar2000 doesn't accept manually edited configs. It was only an hour of work getting the old settings reproduced (luckily I had previously copied all config strings for trackinfo panel, playlist switcher etc. to text files), but I learned that lesson.

Just don't do that.
Nothing is impossible if you don't need to do it yourself.

Reply #3
There's always a way...
The guy who tuned the chip controller of my car used a professional editor which also calculates a checksum automatically 
Maybe such a program can edit the .cfg of fb?

Reply #4
For that to work you should know how the checksum is calculated. With FB2K, you most probably don't.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Reply #5
So then I'm stuck with some settings in my dropdown menu that are no good and I can't remove them.

Lovely.

Fixed in 0.9.x at least?

Reply #6
Fixed in 0.9.x at least?

Yes.

Chose the unwanted entry from the list, right click on the dropdown button, and select "Remove this history item".

Works in some other places, too.