Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audiophile 24/96 and Linux (Read 3411 times) previous topic - next topic

Audiophile 24/96 and Linux

Hey!

Have just installed Red Hat linux 7.2 on my computer, but I can't get the M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 soundcard to work under linux, and there is no driver at the m-audio homepage. Does anybody know where to find unofficial drivers???

TIA
Erik!

Reply #1
Originally posted by erik
Hey!

Have just installed Red Hat linux 7.2 on my computer, but I can't get the M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 soundcard to work under linux, and there is no driver at the m-audio homepage. Does anybody know where to find unofficial drivers???

TIA
Erik!

You need to install the ALSA drivers for the ice1712 chip. Don't know where you'd find these under Red Hat, but I'd imagine them to be somewhere on the install CDs at least.

Reply #2
Hey, again!

Sorry,I can't seem to find them, says nothing of ALSA in the Red Hat Bible either.
If it's any help /usr/sbin/sndconfig detects the sound card chip right, but says that the sound card isn't supported. Since I'm a newbie to Linux, is there something obvious I'm missing, or??

What is ALSA by the way, and is it maybe known under a different name?

Appreciate any help
Erik