Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: bellari VP530 -> USB problem (Read 9122 times) previous topic - next topic

bellari VP530 -> USB problem

Hi,
and sorry if this is a "known issue" - but at least I did not find any answer from this forum (- and even google failed to help me this time).

Problem is very simple: I have Bellari VP530 and now I decided to try to move some of my vinyl records to digital format so that I can listen them with my mp3-player ....
but I failed in a step one ... My computer (Vista laptop) does not recognize the Bellari. It notices that something is connected and tries to install USB drivers - but the result is "unknown device connected" (don't remember the exact phrase) and I can not see any new devices in "hardware devices" list.
So I'm assuming that I need a correct driver ? but from where ? and what ? or is my pre-amp broken ? or is my Vista doing something stupid once again ? or .. argh. And this is just the step one ...
There must be happy "Bellari USB" users somewhere - but probably they are not reading these forums ...

Juha

Reply #1
Hi,
and sorry if this is a "known issue" - but at least I did not find any answer from this forum (- and even google failed to help me this time).

Problem is very simple: I have Bellari VP530 and now I decided to try to move some of my vinyl records to digital format so that I can listen them with my mp3-player ....
but I failed in a step one ... My computer (Vista laptop) does not recognize the Bellari. It notices that something is connected and tries to install USB drivers - but the result is "unknown device connected" (don't remember the exact phrase) and I can not see any new devices in "hardware devices" list.
So I'm assuming that I need a correct driver ? but from where ? and what ? or is my pre-amp broken ? or is my Vista doing something stupid once again ? or .. argh. And this is just the step one ...
There must be happy "Bellari USB" users somewhere - but probably they are not reading these forums ...

If the Bellari is a  stereo 44/16 USB audio device, then there is a great possibility that it relies on the generic USB audio drivers that are built into XP.

So the question becomes, how did you avoid letting XP's built-in USB audio drivers load?

What OS, and what service pack level are you running?

It is possible that you were surprised by a request for the drivers to load, and cancelled the operation? If so, go into the Device Manager and reload them, and be more agreeable this time!

If no request to load device drivers ever came, then the USB port or the device are suspicious.

Reply #2
If the Bellari is a  stereo 44/16 USB audio device, then there is a great possibility that it relies on the generic USB audio drivers that are built into XP.

So the question becomes, how did you avoid letting XP's built-in USB audio drivers load?

What OS, and what service pack level are you running?

It is possible that you were surprised by a request for the drivers to load, and cancelled the operation? If so, go into the Device Manager and reload them, and be more agreeable this time!

If no request to load device drivers ever came, then the USB port or the device are suspicious.

Thank you for quick answer ...
I'm using Vista SP1.
And no - I did not cancel anything or at least not every time  - I tried about 10 times. When I connect the USB cable Vista always recognizes it and says that it will try to install drivers - but somehow it fails - or at least when I check from device manager I have "unknown device"  (under USB controllers) and that device has no driver installed. Also Vista gives a balloon which says something like "USB device not recognized: One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it"
I have one Windows2000 machine - I can try with that, but unfortunately I dont have XP here.

Reply #3
Thank you for quick answer ...
I'm using Vista SP1.

32 or 64 bits?

And no - I did not cancel anything or at least not every time  - I tried about 10 times. When I connect the USB cable Vista always recognizes it and says that it will try to install drivers - but somehow it fails - or at least when I check from device manager I have "unknown device"  (under USB controllers) and that device has no driver installed. Also Vista gives a balloon which says something like "USB device not recognized: One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it"

Sounds like it may be a Vista issue.

Or a true and genuine device malfunction.

I have one Windows2000 machine - I can try with that, but unfortunately I dont have XP here.

You've got a great diagnostic tool in that Win2K machine.  Just carry that little belicose Bellari over there and see what shakes.

Reply #4
32 or 64 bits?

32bits

Sounds like it may be a Vista issue.

Or a true and genuine device malfunction.

You've got a great diagnostic tool in that Win2K machine.  Just carry that little belicose Bellari over there and see what shakes.

Windows2000 found the device and was able to install driver .. so now I think it is Vista issue or maybe the problem is just with my laptop. I'll try with another Vista machine when I have time. Then I have to find a solution, or something - because using windows2000 is not a possible solution at the moment.
But at least I know now that Bellari works - which is nice.

Reply #5
well - the other Vista did not work any better.
I noticed from the net that there are several people with several devices, having this same problem (or at least problem with Vista and USB device)... unfortunately anybody seems to have a bullet proof solution. I tried couple of them - but those didn't work.
Maybe I had to install XP to VmWare or something ... I hate this computer world

Reply #6
I hate when there are threads without the solution - so it is time to tell the solution for my problem. Unfortunately (hmm ... or maybe I was lucky) the problem was simple - the AD-chip was poorly soldered and when I finally did open the box the chip literally dropped to my hand. Luckily I had a friend who was skilled enough to do the magic and fix the problem (at least my computer now notices the pre-amp immediately).
So nothing strange here - just a bit poor quality.