Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A wiki page for component (version) repository (Read 4605 times) previous topic - next topic

A wiki page for component (version) repository

I suggested here of making a "component version repository" page. I have brought over the suggestion of utilizing HA Wiki in this thread. Do you think it's doable?

The page should not list anything but component name, version, last update page, home page, and direct download page, like this:

[Introduction]
This page lists various foobar components and their updates. This page is meant to be used with foo_update component. All component maker please follow this convention:

foo_component_name|last_version|last_update_date|homepage_link|direct_download_link

foo_component_name is the name of the DLL
last_version is your version number; make sure it is string-comparable
last_update_date is the latest date of the component, in ISO-8601 format
homepage_link is the homepage for the component (i.e. changelogs, news, forums, etc)
direct_download_link (optional) is the one-click-link to download the latest plugin (in .7z, .zip, or .rar form)

#BEGIN FOOBAR 0.8.3 COMPONENTS#
foo_something|0.0.1|2006-07-20|www.somewhere.net/mycomp|www.somewhere.net/mycomp/download/foo_something.zip
foo_other|8.2|2006-08-02|www.there.org/foo_other
#END FOOBAR 0.8.3 COMPONENTS#

#BEGIN FOOBAR 0.9 COMPONENTS#
#END FOOBAR 0.9 COMPONENTS#

Reply #1
oh well. this seems as good a place as any to point out something neato i found.

it's megui's method of autoupdates. it won't work for foobar for many reasons (quality assurance, licensing, etc.). There's a directory full of binaries, and an XML that describes stuff. http://megui.org/auto/upgrade.xml

Reply #2
I always thought a component kind of wiki thing would be useful but I never bought it up because there is pinned thread with the components.  However, the wiki seems like the first choice new uesrs would go to find components (imo)

Reply #3
Note: This thread is a supplementary thread to the main discussion here. If the suggestion of using HA Wiki as Central Rep is accepted, I'd like this thread to be used as discussion on how the format of the data should be presented.