Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Freedb server (freedb.dbpoweramp.com) working no more? (Read 1368 times) previous topic - next topic

Freedb server (freedb.dbpoweramp.com) working no more?

Recently freedb.dbpoweramp.com stopped working as it's providing no results even in albums that used to work fine in the past. Any ideas to bring it back?

Many thanks in advance!

Re: Freedb server (freedb.dbpoweramp.com) working no more?

Reply #1
We have retired the server as gnudb.gnudb.org is live and takes submissions which ours did not. If gnudb.gnudb.org goes away, we can reinstate the server.

If working with dBpoweramp the latest versions automatically use gnudb.gnudb.org

Reply #2
I completely removed and re-installed the latest version of foobar2000, however the server remains 'freedb.dbpoweramp.com' and when I click on "retrieve" server I get a network error message. Only 2 days ago the aforementioned server used to work fine. Now shall I  change it manually to "gnudb.gnudb.org" as you indicate above? Please advise!

Reply #4
I've already done that without any result unfortunately!!! Any other suggestions?

EDIT:

Wait a minute as it seems it's working now with 'gnudb.gnudb.org' inserted manually! Thanks a lot for your support!