Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can Folders view show total playing time per folder? (Read 1670 times) previous topic - next topic

Can Folders view show total playing time per folder?

In Folders view, Foobar shows, in brackets, the number of music files within each folder. It would be much more useful to me if it would show the total playing time within that folder. Can it do that?

Reply #1
Do not think so.

You can send the entire folder to a playlist - temp or otherwise and take a look at the right side status bar. You can right click on that portion of the status bar and have it show total duration.

You can use facets as your library viewer , build a view based on folders and facets has some additional stats - including total duration - that it can show in a column.

Reply #2
You can use facets as your library viewer

I've not heard of facets. Even by Googling it I'm not sure quite what you mean. Could you give me a link please.

You can right click on that portion of the status bar and have it show total duration.

It just seems to give me the current track duration, repeated at the right hand side of the status bar. And only when it's playing.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here. How do other people organise their view window for classical music? I like to know how long a work (by which I mean something like "Beethoven Sym.5 Karajan 1963") is, before choosing to play it, and a work usually consists of numerous tracks. I've organised my works on a folder basis. What do you do, folks?