Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k v2] Last.fm Playcount Sync (Read 7538 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [fb2k v2] Last.fm Playcount Sync

Reply #25
Hi!

Not sure if feature of this plugin or Last.fm, but does it only compare artist and title for the scrobbles? As I installed your plugin and was listening to Rush, it updated also the tags of last.fm to next album which is live album. I might just be stupid and it might be an user error, but wanted to make sure if I'm doing something stupid or is there a way around this?
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #26
Yes it matches artist/title only and that is by design. It's explained in the usage instructions. The first post and download pages both link to it.

https://marc2k3.github.io/component/lastfm-playcount-sync/

32bit users can use this to get last.fm plays which tries to match albums

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,115227.0.html

I see your console showing 64bit which means you'll have to wait and see if that component is updated or switch.

Reply #27
Sorry, I'm bad at reading instructions. But thank you for the information. Will wait, nice plugin, even though I was lazy to read :)
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #29

- `2.0.9` was updated to use code from the latest `foobar2000` `SDK` but the loved track import would crash on `foobar2000` `2.0 Beta 17` and earlier. The change has been reverted so it works on any version.

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_lastfm_playcount_sync/releases

Reply #30
Hi!, I recently started using Last.FM with Foobar2000, I installed foo_scrobble and looking how to sync data back (and be able to like songs in my library) with my music I found your component.

I have 2 questions:

1) This component makes conflicts if "retrieve Last.fm scrobbles" on foo_enhanced_playcount is active? and ¿what is the difference between the two?
2) I want to add a column in SimPlaylist that would be an equivalent to the clickeable 5 star rating but with a Last.fm "Love button", but I can't achieve that. 

Thanks to make excellent components for Foobar2000.

PD: I installed the version 1.0.1 of foo_lastfm_playcount_sync 'cause I'm using Foobar v1.6.16
Have you tried turning it off and on again??

Reply #31
1) there should be no conflicts if both are used at the same time. The main differences are:

my component is based on artist/title matches only. enhanced playcount tries to take album in to account
my component can love/unlove tracks
my component only stores playcount, loved status, first played and last played dates - you can check the enhanced playcount thread for all the extra data it fetches/stores.

2) Not possible with simplaylist or any "proper" playlist viewer. It's possible with javascript based playlists like this one...

https://jscript-panel.github.io/gallery/jsplaylist/

It's not for everyone though. Some people may find performance sucks on lower end pcs.

Reply #32
Thanks @marc2k3 for the reply, I installed your JS Playlist complement and edit some columms to fit more with my needs and don't show correctly the current track icon (triangle at left) and the heart of love button. What I am doing wrong?

Reply #33
You need this font. https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/blob/4.x/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?raw=true

I forgot to add a link to the download page for the fb2k v1 version so that has just been updated.

Reply #34
Thanks, now all shows perfectly 👍‍✌️

Reply #36
Does loving/unloving also ignore the album tag? Will loving 1 song in different edition albums love all of them?

Reply #37
All lookups / storage are based on $lower($meta(artist,0) - %title%) with no consideration for album tags. This generally means the numbers will match anything you see on Last.fm track pages/charts but you won't get the album stats you get from diving deeper in to your Last.fm Library.

Reply #38
I got crashed on start-up again. Disabled the add-on solved the crash. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the add-on sometime works.
here is my crash log.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/290709370600423424/1069723235446423633/failure_00000001.rar

I checked but I can't do anything with that. It *seems* to be pointing at fb2k itself but I can't say for sure.

You'll just have to not use it because I don't have any crash reports from anyone else. I do have access to reports submitted via the built in crash reporter and there's nothing except really old ones.

Reply #40
All lookups / storage are based on $lower($meta(artist,0) - %title%) with no consideration for album tags. This generally means the numbers will match anything you see on Last.fm track pages/charts but you won't get the album stats you get from diving deeper in to your Last.fm Library.
I've seen that, I guess my question is more about local files. I have a playlist with %MOOD% !== 0
If I switch to this module, will same song in 3 different albums get tagged with %lfm_loved%?

Reply #41
I have no idea what you're dribbling on about. The content of any pre-existing tags/playlists are irrelevant. The component uses a database.

All lookups / storage are based on $lower($meta(artist,0) - %title%) with no consideration for album tags

If you can't understand that simple sentence, there is no hope for you.

Reply #43
I have no idea what you're dribbling on about. The content of any pre-existing tags/playlists are irrelevant. The component uses a database.

All lookups / storage are based on $lower($meta(artist,0) - %title%) with no consideration for album tags

If you can't understand that simple sentence, there is no hope for you.
wow ain't you a bitchy one. Where did you see anything about preexisting data in this sentence "If I switch to this module, will same song in 3 different albums get tagged with %lfm_loved%? "?

Reply #45
Is there any chance to get the last version of the components? Both 32-bit and 64-bit?

Reply #47
Thank you for the quick reply, it's nice to hear there will be an update.

Reply #49
Thank you for the update, the latest version works nicely!