Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio-CD burning software supporting setting of pre-emphasis flag (Read 8444 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio-CD burning software supporting setting of pre-emphasis flag

Reply #1
Goldenhawk's CDRWin does support writing of all the FLAGS. Besides, it is free to try and the only limitation (burning at the lowest possible speed only) would cause a better quality of a burned Audio CD  .

Reply #2
I was about to post the same answer (CDRWIN).

I did some tests with Alcohol 120%, but I couldn't make it to write the FLAGS PRE info to a CD-RW disc.

By the way, why do you ask? Doesn't burning with EAC work for you?

Reply #3
Feurio! supports the pre-emphasis flag.

Reply #4
does nero 7 copy too?
i mean can nero write an audio CD with the pre-emphasis flag set?
if yes which version

Reply #5
Goldenhawk's CDRWin does support writing of all the FLAGS. Besides, it is free to try and the only limitation (burning at the lowest possible speed only) would cause a better quality of a burned Audio CD  .

it's true that burn a cd at low speed gives a better quality?

Reply #6
rdgrimes at cdfreaks tested high speed vs low speed burning (in 2003).

His conclusion was "the slow burn produces higher error rates, but not enough to create any reading problems (no C2). But it certainly points to the conclusion that slower is not better. The error rate at 4x is about 3x higher than at 40x."

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/high-speed-vs...-burning-69698/

Reply #7
it's true that burn a cd at low speed gives a better quality?

Varies from drive to drive and sometimes from firmware revision to firmware revision.
That being said there is no reason to believe there is even a rule-of-thumb that slow=better.
Creature of habit.