Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 488402 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #525
This is a really handy feature, but I have just one question.
It takes ages for a song to start playing.

I usually stream playlists into Foobar, and it takes at least 30 seconds for it to start playback of a song.
Is there any way I can improve this time? The reason I got this component was so that I didn't have to download songs 

Reply #526
Probably M4A selected for playback (i.e. MP4 DASH AAC). You can disable m4a using 'Formats to ignore' in component preferences Audio tab or better hit 'Reset page' there (ensure you have the latest 1.11 ver). More about this issue here.

Reply #527
That seemed to do the trick! Thanks so much. 

Reply #528
Would it be a lot of work to implement "Twitch.tv" channels as a source ?
Or would a stream be really complex or maybe even impossible to implement into this plugin ?

Reply #529
Im getting this info popup all the time.

Youtube Source: VideoSourceStreamFb2k->Read: Connection error

Reply #530
Would it be a lot of work to implement "Twitch.tv" channels as a source ?
Or would a stream be really complex or maybe even impossible to implement into this plugin ?

Too complex.

Im getting this info popup all the time.
Youtube Source: VideoSourceStreamFb2k->Read: Connection error

Select own downloader (foo_youtube) in component preferences Video tab -> 'Media downloading'.

Reply #531
Could you maybe increase the max value for the "Feed portion" and "Search portion" options?
I regularly scan whole channels with several hundred videos and it is somewhat annoying to click on the add more videos all the time.

Explanation why I do this:
  My main playlist includes more than 3000 items right now, most of them being Youtube videos from 12 mainly huge music channels (~300 vids each).
  In order to get the newest songs I re-scan all those channels every few days and then remove the duplicates. This gets quite tedious when I have to load 3000 songs in batches of at most 50.

So could you maybe increase the max portion size to something like 1000 (somewhat like it was before), or even add an option to fully switch off the scanning in portions?
I would really appreciate it as it would make things much easier. 

Reply #532
New version 1.11.1

Changelog:
- at fetching the feed can be specified number of portions to retrieve. Available only in 'Add multiple URL(s)' window
- show generated album end time in Make Album tracks list
- 'add ffdshow raw video filter to graph' advanced option. This makes it possible to use SVP at video playback. SVP-related stuff (and ffdshow) should be downloaded and configured separately
- video background image path can be relative to user profile directory
- columns in search window can be hidden
- fix retrieving next portion of playlists

Reply #533
@3dyd
Please can you consider adding full support for foo_tags; i.e. youtube videos referenced from within m_TAGS files? Why? Well they provide a convenient way of adding albums loaded through my youtube track manager script to the media library, which then offers all the benefits of using the media library. I have much of this working well already. Music playback is fine. But there are a few more specific foo_youtube things that do not work.

1. Video playback doesn't seem to work
2. Youtube Source fields are absent, and consequently thumbnails do not display
3. Make Album is greyed out and so full albums cannot be processed

I am hoping this is just a simple detection issue, e.g. the path in properties points to the m-TAGs file rather than directly to the video path. The video path can be accessed using: $info(@). The m_TAGS files are in json format. Full foo_tags documentation is here (it's sometimes offline).

Below are two examples. One is an album with individual tracks and the other is a full album. Just save the text in a text editor with a .tags extension (it may be necessary to save it as utf-8). If foo_tags is installed, then the resulting file can be dropped in a foobar2000 playlist.

Album with individual tracks

Code: [Select]
[
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=1&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Life%20on%20Mars%3F&3dydfy_alt_length=242&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=v--IqqusnNQ|0",
      "ALBUM" : "iSELECT",
      "ARTIST" : "David Bowie",
      "DATE" : "2008",
      "DURATION" : "242.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Life on Mars?",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "1",
"TRACKSOURCE" : "YouTube Track Manager",
      "TRACKTYPE" : "m-TAGS - YouTube Video"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=2&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Sweet%20Thing%20%2F%20Candidate%20%2F%20Sweet%20Thing%20(reprise)&3dydfy_alt_length=519&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=5cDJoiNa_F4|0",
      "DURATION" : "519.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Sweet Thing / Candidate / Sweet Thing (reprise)",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "2"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=3&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=The%20Bewlay%20Brothers&3dydfy_alt_length=328&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=aDRi30GNFMc|0",
      "DURATION" : "328.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "The Bewlay Brothers",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "3"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=4&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Lady%20Grinning%20Soul&3dydfy_alt_length=235&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=6fHoMw8tCzo|0",
      "DURATION" : "235.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Lady Grinning Soul",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "4"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=5&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Win&3dydfy_alt_length=285&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=fdlWUQedW9I|0",
      "DURATION" : "285.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Win",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "5"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=6&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Some%20Are&3dydfy_alt_length=272&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=fuPcbPaME5w|0",
"DURATION" : "272.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Some Are",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "6"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=7&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Teenage%20Wildlife&3dydfy_alt_length=416&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=jVAJsu8Xnwc|0",
      "DURATION" : "416.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Teenage Wildlife",
"TRACKNUMBER" : "7"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=8&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Repetition&3dydfy_alt_length=182&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=l2c73wQH73U|0",
      "DURATION" : "182.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Repetition",
"TRACKNUMBER" : "8"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=9&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Fantastic%20Voyage&3dydfy_alt_length=182&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=3tD6FayGPyw|0",
      "TITLE" : "Fantastic Voyage",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "9"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=10&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Loving%20the%20Alien&3dydfy_alt_length=283&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=65EJCzqOzdc|0",
      "DURATION" : "283.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Loving the Alien",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "10"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=11&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Time%20Will%20Crawl%20(MM%20remix)&3dydfy_alt_length=296&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=ojBFJkbTzaA|0",
      "DURATION" : "296.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Time Will Crawl (MM remix)",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "11"
  },
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=12&fb2k_album=iSELECT&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Hang%20Onto%20Yourself%20-%20Live%20%5BHang%20On%20to%20Yourself%20(live)%5D&3dydfy_alt_length=186&fb2k_artist=David%20Bowie&v=4AI48_309KQ|0",
      "DURATION" : "186.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Hang On to Yourself (live)",
      "TRACKNUMBER" : "12"
  }
]

Full Album

Code: [Select]
[
  {
      "@" : "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?&fb2k_album=Adrenalize&fb2k_date=2008&fb2k_title=Adrenalize%20(Full%20Album)&3dydfy_alt_length=2727&fb2k_artist=Def%20Leppard&v=BTs98_pjwL4|0",
      "ALBUM" : "Adrenalize",
      "ARTIST" : "Def Leppard",
      "DATE" : "2008",
      "DURATION" : "2727.0000000",
      "TITLE" : "Adrenalize (Full Album)",
      "TRACKSOURCE" : "YouTube Track Manager",
      "TRACKTYPE" : "m-TAGS - YouTube Video"
  }
]

I hope you can help - you have done a great job so far.

Reply #534
Ok. Yes, these things probably refer to the track path, thus these tracks are ignored. I'll check what can be done.

Reply #536
Yep. It's actually already fixed but I'd like to finish with m-TAGS before release

Reply #537
New version 1.11.2

Changelog:
- additional columns in search window. All new columns represent clip properties (uploader, like/dislike count, rating and view count) i.e. they are the same as in site-specific metadata so additional info can be found there
- fix for Dailymotion
- clip link files removed. m-TAGS supposed to be used instead.
- switched to SDK 2015-08-03

Proper support of m-TAGS consists in avoiding of explicit m-TAGS support (e.g. do not refer to '@'). This will take more time so will be in the next release.

Reply #538
Thanks. I eagerly look forward to the next release.

Reply #539
New version 1.11.3

Changelog:
- AMR support. Youtube added 3GP quality with AMR audio (AMR-NB codec, 8000Hz Mono). Not a revolution but anyway, component should support decoding of all available qualities
- switched to native SSL backend. Again. For Windows users there should be no difference. Linux users should read a note
- feed urls can be (but not intended to be) placed in search query editbox
- fixed using custom fields as filenames. Now properly dealing with slashes in these fields - they will be replaced as in regular meta fields
- fixed slow working on active simultaneous tracks using
- for cached album art files now used canonical urls and different filenaming

Reply #540
Thank you so much for this plugin!...I hope there will be an option for "full screen" in the video setting, if possible.

Reply #541
I know this is not the scope of this amazing addon, but would it be possible to download a song from YT using foo_youtube?
Thanks a lot, 3dyd.

Reply #542
I just discovered this component today. I am blown away.
Very cool to have music videos playing in foobar, thank you very much!!
Hope you continue to support it down the track as things change, wouldn't want to loose this functionality 

Only request I have, is to have the video window automatically close when stopping a track. It's great that it auto pops-up when starting, would be great to auto close as well.

Cheers mate!

Reply #543
Thank you so much for this plugin!...I hope there will be an option for "full screen" in the video setting, if possible.

You mean when video window becomes visible, show it in full screen? Because currently it already can be displayed in full screen but this should be initiated manually (right click on video window and select 'Full screen')

I know this is not the scope of this amazing addon, but would it be possible to download a song from YT using foo_youtube?

In this context it works and will work only as regular decoder in foobar.

Only request I have, is to have the video window automatically close when stopping a track. It's great that it auto pops-up when starting, would be great to auto close as well.

Option 'Show video frame -> Automatically' actually supposed to work this way. And it really will close the window if next track is not Youtube. But if press stop, it remains opened. It's a bug, thanks for report.

Reply #544

You mean when video window becomes visible, show it in full screen? Because currently it already can be displayed in full screen but this should be initiated manually (right click on video window and select 'Full screen')

Yes, that is correct...I would like the video window showing in full screen automatically when playing.  Again, thanks for this youtube add on,  it is my favorite one!

Reply #545
Hi 3dyd, possibly another small bug... when right clicking on a song in the library/playlist, then context menu youtube source, then selecting "'artist - song' (auto)", the expected behavior is that that would initate a search for the music video of that selected song.. But what it does, is REPLACE the actual song in the playlist with a link to the video. If this is your desired function, then could you at least add a "search youtube" option for a song. The idea is to be able to right click any normal song in the library and have a video window automatically popup with it's music video (if found on YT of course). If you could allow a shortcut (foobar preferences/keyboard shortcuts) to be made for this auto search it would be perfect.

Thanks!

Reply #546
Yes, 'Search replacement' intended to _replace_ track with 'get more' item. When started, this item will perform search on Youtube and will replace itself with first search result. What to search (i.e. search query) generates from track metadata using titleformatting by the rule specified in advanced component preferences -> Search replacement pattern.

'Search replacement' can be applied to multiple tracks at once. 'Expand get more' - not. Tracks for 'Search replacement' are not have to be from Youtube, you can replace regular tracks too.

The idea is to be able to right click any normal song in the library and have a video window automatically popup with it's music video
This request is too specific. And it has no extra functionality over existing, just saves few clicks.

(if found on YT of course)
As you can see from description above, it will have result almost always. But depending of search query this result could be quite not what you expected.

If you could allow a shortcut (foobar preferences/keyboard shortcuts) to be made for this auto search it would be perfect.
Shortcuts for 'Search replacement' and 'Expand 'get more'' actually should be there, it's a bug, well, thanks again.

Reply #547
Small problem for me, if i move mouse pointer over the video, pointer disapear after 3 seconds of inactivity.
Even if i select never in settings mouse disapear.
Can you add option that mouse always be visible?

Reply #548
Ok, noted.

Reply #549
When doing a search in the "Youtube Search" panel, the results appear in that window and the tracks can then be dragged in a playlist. However, with the "Youtube Search (Integrated)" panel, the results are sent to the active playlist, instead of being displayed in the Search window. Would it be possible to get the same behaviour as the "Youtube Search" panel?

Thanks.