Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 488574 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #500
No no, I meant retrieve info from MusicBrainz but to allow to manually adjust track positions before applying if this needs.

Oh, I didn't think that would be possible.

Instead of one file after applying will be a set of tracks as with cue sheets so there should be no problems with lyrics (if no problem will occur, I may promise too much when even yet not being started to do this).

Makes sense.
Don't worry, I will gladly welcome any improvements in that area even if in the end it doesn't look as pretty as I am currently imagining it .

BTW, you will excuse me if it's been asked here but the topic is very large to easily spot it: is it possible to have foo_youtube upgrade through the "Components" - "get updates" button?
Cheers

Reply #501
Again, this may have been asked and answered here before but the topic is very big and difficult to properly search.
Maybe we should come up with a FAQ specifically for foo_youtube?
Okay, let's suppose that I want to find some music by my favorite band on youtube. I go down to youtube.com, I use the search and type "van halen". They're not really my favorite band but they come close .
Ok. So, some of the search results come from an account named #vanhalen that has been auto-generated by Youtube. Cool.
Now, is there any way that I can search (using foo_youtube) only for playlists on auto-generated accounts?

Reply #502
Component has very basic support of Youtube features (actually Search is the only feature which is not directly related to the playback). Current focus is 'how to play' (and there are still a lot of things to do), leaving 'what to play' to the user or 3rd-party solutions like [1], [2], [3]. Relating to your post - it has search support only for videos but it can retrieve playlists or channels content directly. In case of Van Halen example you can copy URL of this autogenerated #vanhalen channel and add it using File -> Add Youtube URL(s). If you need some explicit playlists from autogenerated channel then again you currently need manually go to channel playlists page and add playlist URLs from there to foobar.

is it possible to have foo_youtube upgrade through the "Components" - "get updates" button?

Unfortunately seems no. Also there will be probably no way to maintain preconfigured versions in this case.

Would it be possible to implement a feature to "Auto Press Next" certain time from end of song ?

Reason for this is, that some you tube songs have talk/commerical in the end of the clip.
So you can edit it, and manually set variable that 10,50 sec before song is over it presses "next" for me automaticly.

Sure even some songs have none wanted talk before a song. So 2nd question would be possible to add a feature that allows what part the clip is ment to start and where it is ment to end then that would even be better.

Skip Track can be used as I just seen here: Skip Beginning AND End of track. Checked on Youtube clips, works great (without predownloading skipping parts).

Reply #504
Hi,

before all, thanks for your great useful plugin 

I have 2 suggestions about it :

Clicking on "get more 25 for" stop playback, is this necessary ? My use case is while a music is playing, i would like to search without stopping the current music (which works currently, doing a search does not stop current playback) and also be able to get more results from a search by clicking on "get more 25 for" without stopping playback either.
What people think about that ?

The second suggestion is about a compatibility issue with Linux (and wine). Wine does not support well secure channel and it gives "SSL connect error (35)" error in logs (because of unimplemented function). This cause versions above 1.9.2 to fail with wine on Linux. Is it possible to use openssl instead of secure channel or there is a reason to use it ?

thanks

Reply #505
Sorry but did not understand where I should put that "code". where do I put that information ?

Here are detailed description.
Skip Track provides support of custom tag SKIP. Suppose you have track 5 minutes length and want to skip 30 seconds at begin and one minute at end (i.e. all that after 00:04:00). Go to track properties (right click on the track in playlist view and select Properties menu item). You'll see dialog box with Metadata tab active. Double click on empty space in metadata list (or press button Tools -> Add new field). Will appear 'Add New Field' dialog. In 'Field name' enter 'SKIP' (without quotes). In 'Field value' enter '-30;4:00-'. Timecode format is [hh:][mm:]ss i.e. unnecessary parts can be omitted (-30 is the same as -00:00:30). From foo_skip help, possible combinations (in previous example used 4th variant):

Code: [Select]
-<time>     to skip from the beginning to <time>.
<time>-     to skip from <time> to the next track.
<a>-<b>     to skip from position <a> to later position <b>.
-<a>;<b>-   to skip from start to <a> and from <b> to next track.

But need to keep in mind that this will not work for nonseekable streams (as was noticed with help of @torteusz), so if you are using M4A quality with ffmpeg decoder (and did not checked in this case 'Allow seeking over M4A' in Advanced preferences) then this solution will not work.

Clicking on "get more 25 for" stop playback, is this necessary ? My use case is while a music is playing, i would like to search without stopping the current music (which works currently, doing a search does not stop current playback) and also be able to get more results from a search by clicking on "get more 25 for" without stopping playback either.

By clicking on track foobar at first stops playback and then starts to play this track. I.e. when 'get more' track takes action, playback is already stopped. This behaviour cannot be overridden (unless autoplaylists are used, but this is not an option in this case). But can be provided other way: 'get more' item will have additional menu item in Youtube Source context menu group, which will perform request without playback interruption. Actually request of additional feed portion should be made similarly instead of retrieving number of items limited by the settings Features -> Miscellaneous -> Max feed items count.

The second suggestion is about a compatibility issue with Linux (and wine). Wine does not support well secure channel and it gives "SSL connect error (35)" error in logs (because of unimplemented function). This cause versions above 1.9.2 to fail with wine on Linux. Is it possible to use openssl instead of secure channel or there is a reason to use it ?

First of all, it is great to know that it even worked under wine. Using Secure Channel somehow gives much higher downloading speed, but in context of main component use case (i.e. sequential reading for playback) this is not very noticeable since for all qualities (except _regular_ MP4 and WebM, which are almost not used) Youtube limits bandwidth by itself. One more reason of using Security Channel was slightly smaller binary size but this is not important. So probably yes, for foo_youtube will be used OpenSSL since there is no strong reason not to do so.

Reply #506
At every artist I have a grayed option "Search full album" in the context menu - Foo_youtube 1.9.3
search query: [$if"(%album%,%artist%,)"] ["%album%"]

In the "Youtube Source" and normally the playlist typed the phrase "full album" and displays only 500 results continue when you click 'get more' shows last 25 results and so on - is this a bug? whether that be. Max feed items count: 1000

Reply #507
At every artist I have a grayed option "Search full album" in the context menu - Foo_youtube 1.9.3
search query: [$if"(%album%,%artist%,)"] ["%album%"]

Any option in search context menu is grayed if resulting search query is empty. In case of "Search full album" search query will be empty if there are no %album% tag in the track. Youtube tracks haven't %album% tag in default config, only %title% and (not always) %artist%. So this context menu item is useful on regular (not Youtube) music tracks.

In the "Youtube Source" and normally the playlist typed the phrase "full album" and displays only 500 results continue when you click 'get more' shows last 25 results and so on - is this a bug? whether that be. Max feed items count: 1000

'Max feed items' relates to feeds i.e. playlists, channels, user uploads. For search results max number of items is 500 (Youtube limit).  If you are about Yotube Source window -> Search tab, then yes, after 500 items 'get more' should disappear but does not, it's a bug.

Reply #508
New version 1.10

Changelog:
- added 'Make album' feature. Read note below
- context menu item 'Watch from current pos' now available in all context menus (was only in context menu of now playing). Disabled for non-playing items. On click the playback will be paused
- added 'Copy URL' context menu item
- added preconf_audio variant. Includes custom ffmpeg build with all needed to decode audio. In comparing to preconf_video it has smaller size and up to date ffmpeg (2.6.2), will try to always use latest version at the moment of release
- switched back to OpenSSL SSL backend in respect to Linux users. Although Wine has Secure Channel emulation (through GnuTLS), there are some problems with using it with libcurl, need check more deeply but for now will be used OpenSSL. Checked on Ubuntu 14.10
- clips marked as 'unlisted' now not ignored at the feed processing
- 'get more' item removed from Search tab when there are no more results
- fixed context menu shortcuts mapping possibility

About 'Make album'. Feature available in playlist item context menu Youtube Source -> Make album. In simple case press Search -> select album -> press Finish. Albums list has additional columns (right click on the list header). Offsets of the tracks can be edited manually - press Next and edit generated cuesheet.

About requirements. To make it work, %cuesheet% tag field should not be marked as spam in LargeFieldsConfig.txt from foobar settings directory and field size limit should be large enough to keep the cuesheet. Component will show appropriate warnings if this is not so. Another requirement - original playlist item should be kept anywhere in the playlists or you will get error at playback start.

Users often place tracks list in Youtube clip description (even with time offsets), this is very useful at selecting appropriate release, so it is also recommended to increase infoMax value from LargeFieldsConfig.txt because description stores in tech info fields and component cuts description to not overflow this limit (clipped description appends with '(...)').

Source media file at switching between album tracks will be reused for audio and for video. If video is disabled, you even will have gapless playback between album tracks.

Reply #509
Thanks for the update. I appreciate the ability to split full albums into individual tracks and the way you have done it seems very well thought out. I tried it with a few main albums and it worked well. However, is it possible to permanently enter a query with titleformatting or a regex expression? In particular, I would like always to be able to automatically remove " (Full Album)" and similar which often appear in the title and stop the musicbrainz look up from finding results. For now I can do it manually each time.

Another problem is that 1.10 has completely broken the YouTube Track Manager wsh script; essentially it can no longer load any youtube tracks into playlists in radio or album modes. The script adds links through the foobar2000 commandline. The script still gets the correct youtube links, but they are not being loaded by foo_youtube 1.10 into playlists. foo_youtube 1.9.3 still loads them correctly, so there seems to be a broken interaction with 1.10 or perhaps its no longer recognising the metadata overriding. I hope that this can be fixed or am I overlooking a changed setting?

Reply #510
Youtube Radio script also doesn't work with latest version.
Script use ''add location'' for adding track, but even manualy track adding doesn't work in new ver..

Reply #511
I see, it's a bug. To use native foobar multitrack and cuesheet stuff was added simple filesystem service implementation for 3dydfy:// proto. Seems too simple, need improve it a little.

Reply #512
New version 1.10.1

Changelog:
- clip link files support, draft. Physical file (simple XML, specification) which recognized by foobar as Youtube clip. Unlike m3u, from foobar point of view this is audio file, not playlist. Have several ideas for it in further versions.
- fixed inability to add URLs with component protocol. As a bonus - now clip URL will be displayed without protocol part in places like clip properties or selection properties panel.
- removed custom UI for single URL adding. Now adding a single URL from 'Add Youtube URL(s)...' command works the same as 'Add location...' so it is removed and command renamed to 'Add multiple URLs...'
- fixed video window autoshow. Window will be not closed&reopened at switching between Youtube clips. It will also not turn off fullscreen mode in this case.
- fixed lack of info about audio quality after playback start.

Reply #513
Hi 3dyd.
I can't thank you enough for this foobar addon. This is amazing stuff, really.

I'm sorry if this may have been answered here already (I swear I searched but didn't find) but can someone tell me if I can run a search only for playlists using foo_youtube? I mean when doing a "Youtube Source > Search". I put the artist and album name in there but then is there some kind of filter that I could use to get only Youtube's playlists results?
Thanks in advance.

Reply #514
For now search is performed only for videos i.e. it is the same as if select on Youtube in search filters Type -> Video.

Reply #515
For now search is performed only for videos i.e. it is the same as if select on Youtube in search filters Type -> Video.

Okay. Since the Youtube website search filters also include Playlist besides Video, should I assume that this might become a future feature? Or it's not that easy?

Reply #516
Yes, this is possible, and yes, it's not that easy, so I cannot assume yet when and how this will be available.

Reply #517
Thanks a bunch mate.

Reply #518
Is it possible to remove video activity , when you close the video window in progress, to save bandwidth ?
It seems that the video keeps on downloading even when you close the video window.

Reply #519
Oh, it's a bug (probably side effect of switching to multitrack in 1.10). Until the problem is fixed, you can use 1.9.3 which does not have this problem.

Reply #520
Unfortunately, I have another issue with 1.10.1. 1.9.3 behaves correctly.

This only concerns adding tracks with metadata overriding. It does not occur when tracks are added by other ways or if metadata overriding is disabled.

The problem is disapearing Youtube source fields such as %3dydfy_title% or %3dydfy_view_count% (all the youtube source fields disappear). If add a track to a playlist all is fine when the track is played. If the same track is re-added to a playlist, often upon playing, all the youtube source fields disappear from properties for both copies - typically I would add the second copy to a different playlist that I also want the track in, but it can be the same playlist. May be this is related to the skipping of analysis at clip info retrieving by foo_youtube - a feature that is very important (so please don't remove it) - and caching effects.

For example, compare the two images below which illustrates the disappearing view count (the times are the playback time remaining and it is the same track).

Reply #521
Found where it is. Will be fixed in next ver.

Reply #522
New version 1.11

Changelog:
  • improvements for Make Album action
    • now can be selected more that one disk within the same release. Cuesheet in this case will be generated for all tracks from the selected disks. Useful when one video represents multi-disk release (example for this video)
    • added inplace editing for track length in tracks list. Made using spin control, in some cases can be much more convenient than manual cuesheet editing (example). Track title can be edited too
  • context menu actions for replacement search. Read details here
  • feeds retrieving as Search (Integrated). Instead of retrieving some fixed number of clips now will be retrieved first portion of the feed and will be added 'get more' item to retrieve the next portion. Accordingly, 'max number of feed items' setting was removed
  • context menu action for expand 'get more' item without playback interruption
  • video window playback panel enhancements
    • changed overall appearance. Now self-drawed instead of using native controls. By default draws using gradient transparency, this can be disabled using preferences
    • show in non-fullscreen mode too
    • show by mouse move instead of showing only when mouse is over it. Can be changed back to previous behaviour (or be hidden at all) using preferences
    • seekbar now shows video caching progress (only for own downloader, i.e. if in component preferences 'Video -> Media downloading' selected 'foo_youtube')
    • fixed focus stealing
  • display downloading speed for activity. This is available only for own downloader
  • main window tabs divided to separate windows. All windows still available using View menu but History and Log now are hidden by default (i.e. appear in View menu when holding Shift key)
  • fixed video downloading continue if video window was closed. It was because of reusing video file at switching to other track within the same multitrack file. To still keep possibility to reuse file but at the same time to not download data when window was closed, now when video window is closed, video downloading becomes paused
  • fixed playback stop if error occurred at opening a track i.e. now if encountered an error at opening the clip, playback will continue from next track
  • fixed loss of custom tags when adding the clip which already exists in metadb
  • fixes for search autocomplete: made it more responsive and fixed inappropriate showing in some cases
  • options reorganized. Video window appearance options moved to component preferences (was in video window context menu -> Window -> Appearance). Reason is to keep all preferences in one place designed for this
  • default preferences changed. Default downloader now is 'foo_youtube' (often hear about connection errors in random file positions with native downloader). M4A now disabled by default in all component variants. All this need to make component work without problems out of the box with any foobar version and component variant

Reply #524
There should appear 'get more' item to retrieve next portion of the feed but seems this does not work for playlists but works for channels and user uploads (which actually are channels too). I'll try to fix this in the coming days. For now, for this particular playlist (it has 30 videos) you can bypass the problem by increasing 'Feed portion' (from Features component preferences tab) to 30+ items.