Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 488430 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #475
Thanks for the update. In audio only playback, I have "prefer a media file with best available audio". Previously nearly all files played showed as AAC 254 kbps (whether or not they were always this). With 1.9 none appear, and I have not seen any 256 kbps AAC media files listed in history. Please can you clarify if this has changed or is due to a better analysis of the media files or is a bug or if I am missing something with the new settings?

donwload link for 1.9?? dont appear on site

Reply #476
Thanks for the update. In audio only playback, I have "prefer a media file with best available audio". Previously nearly all files played showed as AAC 254 kbps (whether or not they were always this). With 1.9 none appear, and I have not seen any 256 kbps AAC media files listed in history. Please can you clarify if this has changed or is due to a better analysis of the media files or is a bug or if I am missing something with the new settings?

donwload link for 1.9?? dont appear on site

In FooBar at the top...
Help ==> Youtube Source ==> "Check for Updated version"

Reply #477
Just to report what happens if you use EBU R128 Compressor  with foo_youtube, new ver, and how to set DSP..
With new version i must use Crossfader set to 200ms if i want to use EBU R128 Compressor with foo_youtube, with this setup, all works fine..
But if i use this setup without Crossfader, then video stuck on 5-6 seconds before end..
Why this happen?

Anyway here is my settings:

Reply #478
Is it only me or does the right click context menu search entries in the new version  e.g (Youtube Source > Search artist songs) crash foobar2000 for anyone else ?

Reply #479
Is it only me or does the right click context menu search entries in the new version  e.g (Youtube Source > Search artist songs) crash foobar2000 for anyone else ?

I have crash also..

Reply #480
New version 1.9.1

- fixed crash when using context menu search
- fixed playback stuck at switching to next track with enabled video. Problem was because of video synchronisation workaround. Component performs actions Stop and Play after starting of next track. Before they apply, a small part of the next track is played. If track starts not from silence, this may annoy. To solve this was used fake track with silence, but it seems gives more problems than benefits, thus removed now. If this small part of audio at next track start annoys, can be used Crossfader, with default duration (2000ms) all sounds ok. But note that Crossfader seems expects the same sample rate of both tracks so on switching AAC/Vorbis<=>Opus (i.e. 44100Hz<=>48000Hz) need to use Resampler before Crossfader to make it work.

Reply #481
About AAC 256kbps. Playback Start slider has five positions: fast#1, fast#2, fast#3, medium, slow. For AAC 256kbps is enough to use fast#2, it retrieves DASH manifest with this audio quality and additional VO qualities. To retrieve 128kbps AAC/Vorbis and all Opus qualities is enough to use fast#1. Fast#3 usually does not give additional qualities, but if it gives then there will be soft-made 3D clips and additional VO qualities. Soft-made 3D clips are regular video+audio files with 3D video programmatically made from 2D. They also have different AAC bitrates (360p 3D has 128kbps when usual 96; 720p 3D has ~152kbps when usual 192). Not to be unfounded, here is an example with different number of qualities at fast#1/#2/#3: 21/27/36 qualities, respectively.

Reply #482
Hi 3dyd

I got:
Creating VSFilter: The specified module could not be found.

Prior to upgrade fine - no VSFilter message.

Fixed with:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\1\foobar2000\user-components\foo_youtube\xy-VSFilter\VSFilter.dll"

But is it not possible to get your component to look for VSFilter from the root of the foobar2000 installation?
I assume it didn't find it initially due to the fact that my foobar2000 is installed in a non default location.

This happened after upgrading to version 1.9.1 (foo_youtube_1.9.1_preconf).

ps. Thanks for update -- perhaps might solve my crash issue too. Will update on that if anything to report.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #483
Thanks for quick response. It is my bad. In preconf.ini should be "subtitles=xy-VSFilter\VSFilter.dll" instead of "subtitles=VSFilter\VSFilter.dll". I removed 1.9.1_preconf, please update to 1.9.1.1_preconf (uploaded without version notification) or edit preconf.ini manually.

Reply #484
First of all, many thanks to 3dyd for this wonderful foobar2k component.
I use this mainly to listen to rock full albums that can be found on youtube and I have 2 questions:
1-This doesn't have anything to do with foo_youtube but I think that without foo_youtube there wouldn't be a way to experience this issue. When listening to full albums I often get lyrics only from the 1st song or from the song that named the album. Is there any workaround so that can have lyrics on all songs?
2-Similarly, when listening to full albums I can't find a way to easily fast forward to the next song. Is there any workaround? What if the album has CC? would there be a way to "teach" foo_youtube to advance to the next big gap in the CC's?
Keep up this excellent work.
Cheers

PS: how about adding "new" grooveshark (http://grooveshark.io)? Maybe still to early, right?

Reply #485
One minor annoyance for me (which might be due my own incompetence), is that the foo_youtube doesn't stay in full screen mode after switching tracks. I often cue up a load of news items and want to watch them one after the other. But each time I have to get up and go to full screen again. Is there a setting I'm missing?

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #486
First of all, many thanks to 3dyd for this wonderful foobar2k component.
I use this mainly to listen to rock full albums that can be found on youtube and I have 2 questions:
1-This doesn't have anything to do with foo_youtube but I think that without foo_youtube there wouldn't be a way to experience this issue. When listening to full albums I often get lyrics only from the 1st song or from the song that named the album. Is there any workaround so that can have lyrics on all songs?
2-Similarly, when listening to full albums I can't find a way to easily fast forward to the next song. Is there any workaround? What if the album has CC? would there be a way to "teach" foo_youtube to advance to the next big gap in the CC's?
Keep up this excellent work.
Cheers

PS: how about adding "new" grooveshark (http://grooveshark.io)? Maybe still to early, right?

I can add this in Youtube Radio, it seems that foobar can play this url.
Paste this in foobar in 'add location' : http://dl.grooveshark.io/t/a/l/talking-bod...veshark.IO).mp3

It works. I must decide would i add this in Foobar Youtube radio, or i make new script...

what you can tell me about this new grooveshark?

Reply #487

In all honesty, nothing.
I read somewhere that grooveshark was back and they mentioned the new URL.
All I can see is that the interface is a lot different and lacks a whole lot of features.
But what I was really after was a way to skip to the next song on youtube full albums...
Cheers

Reply #488

In all honesty, nothing.
I read somewhere that grooveshark was back and they mentioned the new URL.
All I can see is that the interface is a lot different and lacks a whole lot of features.
But what I was really after was a way to skip to the next song on youtube full albums...
Cheers

I see. I was read about some legal problems here, so i will wait to see how this site is developed..
I don't want to waste my time on something that will be off tomorrow..
Thanks..

Reply #489

2-Similarly, when listening to full albums I can't find a way to easily fast forward to the next song. Is there any workaround?

So in general case we have album in one file, artist name and album name. Need to make set of tracks from this (similar to cue sheets) so foobar will be able to show lyrics in usual manner. Tracks duration and titles can be retrieved from MusicBrainz. It looks possible, need to do. Interesting that this probably also relates to ability to specify start/end playback positions requested previously.

What if the album has CC? would there be a way to "teach" foo_youtube to advance to the next big gap in the CC's?

Probably situation when whole album has CC is very rare. Anyway bigger gaps there often will be in instrumental solo parts of songs than between songs. So it is more like seeking between song elements, not bad feature but more fits to lyrics viewer than this component.

Unfortunately I have not enough free time for developing and support additional music platform.

One minor annoyance for me (which might be due my own incompetence), is that the foo_youtube doesn't stay in full screen mode after switching tracks. I often cue up a load of news items and want to watch them one after the other. But each time I have to get up and go to full screen again. Is there a setting I'm missing?

No, it's a bug. If in component preferences Features -> Show video selected 'Manually and dot not close until Youtube clips are playing' or 'Auto' then video window anyway closes when track switching to the next (need do not close if next is Youtube clip). In case of 'Auto' (in your case) then it restores when next clip starts to play, and at restoring always used last non-fullscreen state. Before it will be fixed, you can use 'Manually and do not close' which hasn't this problem.

Reply #490
So in general case we have album in one file, artist name and album name. Need to make set of tracks from this (similar to cue sheets) so foobar will be able to show lyrics in usual manner.

Yep, you took those words right out of my mind. I had been giving it a thought and I said to myself "seems like what I need are cue sheets or something similar".

Tracks duration and titles can be retrieved from MusicBrainz. It looks possible, need to do.

The only problem is that most of the time these full albums have additional tracks that were not in the original product or which are on a remastered version that was only released on a subset of countries/markets. When those additional tracks appear in the end of the album, that's not a problem. But when they appear in the middle of the album...what could be done in those cases? Maybe I could create releases on musicbrainz that match those albums and their added tracks, right?

Reply #491
MusicBrainz usually has a lot of album release variants so I believe in most cases such problem will not arise. Anyway there will be a way to correct track position within release manually, so there will be no need for such radical actions as adding release to MusicBrainz.

Reply #492
Interesting...
If you're not gonna use musicbrainz or CC (where available), what exactly will you use for track adjustment? Silence spots?
I would be more than happy if you came up with any kind of track adjustment solution but I would be thrilled if such solution would not only fix the track adjustment but that it would also allow for proper lyrics between "tracks" in a full album. 

Reply #493
No no, I meant retrieve info from MusicBrainz but to allow to manually adjust track positions before applying if this needs. Instead of one file after applying will be a set of tracks as with cue sheets so there should be no problems with lyrics (if no problem will occur, I may promise too much when even yet not being started to do this).

Reply #494
New version 1.9.2

Changelog:
- massive build environment update. Most important are move to VS2013, latest foobar SDK and native SSL backend (Secure Channel instead of OpenSSL). In the best case, nothing has to change, but it is need before moving on.

Reply #495
I updated the plugin to version 1.9.2 and after installation shows "Failed load module foo_youtube.dll unknown error"

System: Win XP SP3

Reply #496
Strange. I tested on two XP SP3 machines before release, all worked fine.

Looks like some dependency cannot be loaded and additional dependency (comparing to 1.9.1) is wldap32.dll. Can you check this build? Dependency removed here.

Reply #497
I checked this version and it is the same message:

Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_youtube.dll
Reason: Unknown error code (3221225501)

Can it comes to processor SSE instructions?

Reply #498
Ah, SSE, yes. Pls try this build (in hope do not recompile boost).

Reply #499
New version 1.9.3

Changelog:
- fixed inability to run on non-SSE-capable CPU
- fixed Vimeo analysis