Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Corrupt OGG File, can you help me? (Read 7463 times) previous topic - next topic

Corrupt OGG File, can you help me?

I was using the VOIP Recording software PowerGramo to record an interview I had with a book author when my computer uncerimoniously rebooted.

I saved the TMP file from that directory and called the author back to finish the interview.

The PowerGramo techs tell me that the TMP file is simply an OGG file and that I should just be able to rename it from encode.tmp to encode.ogg and play it; however, I cannot.

I see that some people here have experience recovering corrupt OGG files...I'm wondering if my file is just misisng some header or metadata info, but as I'm running Windows, not Linux, I don't know of any tools I can use to repair this file.

Is anyone out here willing to look at this file and see if there's anything that can be done to recover any portion of the file?

Please?

I've uploaded it to http://www.reviewgames.com/Encode.tmp

again, their techs say rename it to Encode.ogg and it SHOULD play (it doesn't; at least not on my system)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Greatly.

Reply #1
Your file is an uncompressed PCM Wav. No need for recovery.

..except for setting the length of chunks inside this RIFF file. While your program was recording it didn't knw how long the file will be, so those fields contain 0. You can either open it as "raw" 48000Hz/Stereo/16-bit/signed/little-endian, or "diskwrite" your file in foobar2000 to another Wav.

Reply #2
Your file is an uncompressed PCM Wav. No need for recovery.

..except for setting the length of chunks inside this RIFF file. While your program was recording it didn't knw how long the file will be, so those fields contain 0. You can either open it as "raw" 48000Hz/Stereo/16-bit/signed/little-endian, or "diskwrite" your file in foobar2000 to another Wav.

You, sir, ROCK!!!!!!     

You saved my butt.  I was able to open it as a RAW and save it out as a WAV. 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I wish I could show my gratitude more than words but not sure how...but honestly you have helped turn a really crappy week (lost this file, wife got laid off along with 100 other people, job troubles, broken iPhone) and turn it around.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!