Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Settings for Album Art Viewer (Read 750 times) previous topic - next topic

Settings for Album Art Viewer

When I double click Album Art Viewer the folder opens, where that cover is saved. Instead, I want to to show Now Playing (the same action as double click the Status Bar). The Wiki says that the Album Art Viewer should have a ton of settings, but I can't find them. It also says:
Note: This section relates to version 0.2.4.1. Some settings maybe have been added/removed in later versions.
So maybe the settings have been removed in later versions?  :(

So do anyone know if this is possible to do?

Re: Settings for Album Art Viewer

Reply #1
Hi there,

That wiki link is talking about Album Art Panel (foo_uie_albumart) for Columns UI - I'm not sure it is available anymore.(?)

Different to Album Art Viewer for Default UI, which indeed opens the folder and has no options for double-clicking.

I guess you could use Spider Monkey Panel and the 'album art.js' sample, however it would need to be modified with a simple double-click function. Someone else here can probably help you with that.

(I mean, I could probably figure it out given several hours to find samples... meanwhile one of our helpful script gurus here could write it up in a few minutes :D :-[ )

Edit: Ok, I think I got it...

Install SMP, click to open the editor, File > Import, find 'album art.js' in the 'user-components\foo_spider_monkey_panel\samples\complete' folder, scroll to this function in the script (line 36) and make it this -

Code: [Select]
function on_mouse_lbtn_dblclk(x, y) {
fb.RunMainMenuCommand("View/Show now playing in playlist");
}

(Did I do it right, gurus?)

Cheers

Reply #2
That wiki link is talking about Album Art Panel (foo_uie_albumart) for Columns UI - I'm not sure it is available anymore.(?)
Also the Wiki says "As of Columns UI v0.3 there is built-in artwork display (panel called Artwork view)".

Reply #3
Hi there,

Different to Album Art Viewer for Default UI, which indeed opens the folder and has no options for double-clicking.

I guess you could use Spider Monkey Panel and the 'album art.js' sample, however it would need to be modified with a simple double-click function. Someone else here can probably help you with that.

(I mean, I could probably figure it out given several hours to find samples... meanwhile one of our helpful script gurus here could write it up in a few minutes :D :-[ )

Edit: Ok, I think I got it...

Install SMP, click to open the editor, File > Import, find 'album art.js' in the 'user-components\foo_spider_monkey_panel\samples\complete' folder, scroll to this function in the script (line 36) and make it this -

Code: [Select]
function on_mouse_lbtn_dblclk(x, y) {
fb.RunMainMenuCommand("View/Show now playing in playlist");
}

(Did I do it right, gurus?)

Cheers

Thank you! Really appreciated.