Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iRiver IHP-120 problems (Read 4275 times) previous topic - next topic

iRiver IHP-120 problems

Hi folks,

I received my iHP-120 a week ago and conducted some tests with it's SPDIF input against a verified 100% EAC rip ... and that is where my problems begin.

So far, the iRiver doesn't seem capable of bit-true recording ... EAC's wav compare shows that it seems to skip some 20-60 samples every 25-30 seconds during recording.

I sent a mail to the iRiver service but there is no answer thus far ... are there any HA users experiencing the same problems ?

I will try to play around with different optical cables (I used the one that came with my MD walkman some time ago) but I somehow doubt that this is a cable issue.
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

iRiver IHP-120 problems

Reply #1
it seems to skip some 20-60 samples every 25-30 seconds during recording.

AKA, The Glitch

That link is part of this guide to recording with the H Series

iRiver IHP-120 problems

Reply #2
OMFG ... I will consider returning it for a refund ...

Edit: Maybe the Rockbox team can take care of this ... they just begun to reverse-engineer the iRiver H1xx series due to an obvious lack of manufacturer support ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

iRiver IHP-120 problems

Reply #3
OMFG ... I will consider returning it for a refund ...

Edit: Maybe the Rockbox team can take care of this ... they just begun to reverse-engineer the iRiver H1xx series due to an obvious lack of manufacturer support ...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=257890"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi jean Luc,
The Rockbox  iRiverport project had'nt just begun in fact... As far as i remember it began in September...
Also i'm not sure the "reverse engineering" term is adapted since Rockbox is not using the iRiver stock firmware... they are working from scratch on iHP hardware in order to port thei Rockbox firmware...

Best regards,
Tanguy

PS: Actually only one Rockbox member (LinusM)  is working on the iRiverport since there is only one BDM wiggler... However the team had bought some iHP, i guess there will be more people on the port when LinusM will succed with the boatloader...