Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I am trying to break down some MPC using the supplied CUE (Read 8567 times) previous topic - next topic

I am trying to break down some MPC using the supplied CUE

but when I split the files there is a terrible noise at the beginning of each track/or several seconds of silence before the music starts.  On some there is also a lot up to 7 seconds of silence at the end of some tracks.  The MPC plays fine before it's split .  Any suggestions?

Marc

Reply #1
You can convert your file to sv8 (it's lossless) and then use the mpccut utility to split your file. There is no correct way to cut a sv7 file.

Reply #2
Thanks I ended up converting them to wav rewriting the cues and going from there is worked fine.  I didn't even think of up convwering them to SV8. I'll remeber that.

Marc

You can convert your file to sv8 (it's lossless) and then use the mpccut utility to split your file. There is no correct way to cut a sv7 file.

Reply #3
I would also like to cut an mpc image of a cd into separate tracks. I tried converting it to SV8 and the resulting file is 2mb smaller (106mb SV8 vs 108mb SV7). Is that normal? Seems like a relatively large reduction in size for a simple lossless conversion between the 2 variants.

Also is there an automated way to cut the resulting mpc SV8 image using a cue file? Manually using the mpccut and entering start/end samples for each track would be quite the proverbial pita.

One last thing... is there a winamp plugin for the sv8?

Reply #4
I would also like to cut an mpc image of a cd into separate tracks. I tried converting it to SV8 and the resulting file is 2mb smaller (106mb SV8 vs 108mb SV7). Is that normal? Seems like a relatively large reduction in size for a simple lossless conversion between the 2 variants.

The new entropy coding of the stream gives about 2% smaller files and faster decoding.

... is there a winamp plugin for the sv8?

Yes, if you don't want to compile by yourself, you can find one in that package.

Also is there an automated way to cut the resulting mpc SV8 image using a cue file? Manually using the mpccut and entering start/end samples for each track would be quite the proverbial pita.

Well, I might think about some simple tool. I have to prepare an mpc image + cue file first. And to find some free time

~~