Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: burnatonce 0.96 is out! (Read 4293 times) previous topic - next topic

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

burnatonce 0.96 was released upon the world sometime earlier today. While many here have been experimenting with Burrrn for audio CDs, burnatonce is able to handle both audio and data, using mkisofs (part of Jörg Schilling's CDRTools) for image creation and CDRDAO for burning. A full changelog for burnatonce can be found here, but these are the highlights:

Explorer style window for data cd mastering: This much requested feature could not be fully implemented until now due to some bugs in mkisofs. These bugs are now being fixed so burnatonce now has a more friendly environment for mastering data cds!

Full integration of ddump for all windows systems: Thanks to a modified version of ddump from it's author XiT, burnatonce can now show read progress in a similar fashion to cdrdao's write progress. This also means that read progress for both cdrdao and ddump is now shown the same way for Win9x and WinXP/2k.

Support for OGG and FLAC as standard: We are pleased to announce support for OGG and FLAC as standard. The external decoders are included in the burnatonce install but please note a suitable codec is required for previewing media files in burnatonce.

Internal support for reading media headers and tags: burnatonce is now able to read tags and calculate the correct duration of wave, mp2, mp3, ogg and flac files internally. This reduces the dependence upon the Windows MCI and associated codecs to previewing media files only. Work is currently being done on internal support for other formats.

Long Joliet and ISO9660:1999: As well as supporting 103 Joliet character filenames burnatonce now implements ISO9660:1999 which allows 207 characters for folder/filenames and removes the limit upon how many levels deep the folders are are allowed to be. The current mkisofs code allows all ASCII characters (including lowercase) but this may change in the future.
    - M.

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #1
Also posted here!

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #2
anyone know if they fixed the bug where large compilations of 100s of files failed to burn because the command line was too long?  Thats pretty much the only reason why I still have Nero installed...

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #3
Yeah, i hit that stupid bug a few days ago when i was in a hurry... Had to copy everything to a folder a made a compilation of that

I hope they fixed it, will download now.
She is waiting in the air

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #4
Also posted here!

If so, I can't find it. The link you gave only shows an error message; still, if someone did post this before me, I was unaware of this (and yes, I did a search before posting).

- M.

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #5
Also posted here!

If so, I can't find it. The link you gave only shows an error message; still, if someone did post this before me, I was unaware of this (and yes, I did a search before posting).

- M.

It was a post in the CD Hardware/Software forum by JamieO, but I can`t find it. So I Guess he has removed it...

Anyway, better post this great new 2 times than 0 times! 

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #6
Nope, I never removed it...

burnatonce should be able to handle large data cd compilations now that it uses a path list file. 

Jamie

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #7
BUOOOY.... 

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #8
looks great - I will give it a run under win98 soon...

any chance of SHN support?

thanks.

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #9
any chance of SHN support?

Not that I've heard, but it's always a possibility. You might try posting in the burnatonce forums to request this. Or you could try asking Gambit to add SHN support to Burrrn; since Burrrn is a dedicated audio-only software, this might be a quicker approach.

It should be noted that both Burrrn and burnatonce still decompress all the music files before burning them as an audio CD. Ahead has developed a plugin architecture for Nero which seems to allow on-the-fly audio burning, but (so far) the only program to make use of those plugins is Nero Burning ROM.

- M.

burnatonce 0.96 is out!

Reply #10
It should be noted that both Burrrn and burnatonce still decompress all the music files before burning them as an audio CD. Ahead has developed a plugin architecture for Nero which seems to allow on-the-fly audio burning, but (so far) the only program to make use of those plugins is Nero Burning ROM.

- M.

yup...

as long CDRDAO ain`t supporting on-the-fly..
neigther will BAO or Burrrn...

but onthefly audio burning seems
not to be as good idea anyway..............