Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6 (Read 53389 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #50
You can't rearrange it. It's been stated several times that this is how the context menu will work.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #51
While running Foobar2000 1.0 beta 4 I was getting some BSODs under Win 7 64bit-- I'm not 100% sure if Foobar is causing it but (I've run Memtest & done full surface scans of all my drives to rule out a hardware problem) it's been running each time it has happened which so far has been 3 times.  Unfortunately Windows isn't creating crash dumps so I haven't been able analyze them for the cause.  My theory is that the problem is related to either FLAC playback or the new monitoring function of the Media Library (which works amazingly well by the way!).  I have foobar monitoring my Music folder and I'm often downloading new music via bittorent that gets indexed while partially downloaded-- could that be the source of the problem?  I've just updated to beta 6 and so far the problem hasn't happened again.  Overall excellent work on this new release and the media library monitor is something I've been wanting for years.  One other question-- is there a list anywhere of skins that are compatible with v1.0?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #52
Bug fix: Incorrect sorting of the "Duration" column in Default UI.

although that issue was fixed in beta4, using queries in media library search is still broken.
Change your query to ALL SORT BY %length_seconds%. The behaviour you're reporting is not necessarily incorrect.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #53
when I'm trying to upgrade to 1.0 all my settings're getting lost
my total playtime, settings of components etc...

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #55
While running Foobar2000 1.0 beta 4 I was getting some BSODs under Win 7 64bit

Programs running in user mode can't cause BSODs. The cause is either hardware problem or driver bug or occasionally even an OS bug. I'd suspect sound card drivers if you only see them with foobar. Especially if you use some other output mode than Direct Sound.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #56
I'm installing new version on top of the one. I do not uninstall the old one
But I lose all my settings

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #57
ADv, what is the version you are upgrading from? And did installer show any warning messages?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #58
I'm installing new version on top of the one. I do not uninstall the old one
But I lose all my settings
Then you're going to have to provide more details.

For example:
Are you installing in portable mode or standard mode?

If standard: What is the location of your configuration files? (fb2k Preferences->General) Does changing this solve things?
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #59
DUI spectrum. With the number of bands set at 80 (or less) cpu usage is low at 0-1%. With 160 bands selected the cpu usage rises hugely to >30%. XP SP3. This is in normal mode (i.e. not full screen). This is not really a big deal to me, but as I noticed the issue I thought I would point it out.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #60
Moderation: Discussion about the new multimedia keys behaviour in 1.0 betas split [a href='index.php?showtopic=77581']here[/a].[/size]
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #61
I was very pleased to hear that 1.0 will support relative paths for media library. I have played around with this feature, and it seems that even for relative libraries, playlists do not use relative paths so that if the drive letter changes all my playlists break. Any thoughts?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #62
I noticed the changes of edit menu: It is no longer related to playlist view but to focused element ...
Is the benefit of this newly added feature higher than the price (frustrating annoyment)?

Excuse my tone - it seems i was a little bit frustrated.

If the change of edit menu functionalty (not remarkable in CUI!) is not the beginning of further planned changes could then this new feature be optional?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #63
You are the first one to report such a problem. Please post your component list, as available in Preferences > Components > [copy] button in the top-right corner.

here it is

Core (2009-12-28 17:13:46)
    foobar2000 core 1.0 beta 6
foo_albumlist.dll (2009-12-28 17:11:48)
    Album List 4.4
foo_cdda.dll (2009-12-28 17:11:48)
    CD Audio Decoder 3.0
foo_converter.dll (2009-12-28 17:11:42)
    Converter 1.4
foo_dsp_std.dll (2009-12-28 17:11:56)
    Standard DSP Array 1.0
foo_fileops.dll (2009-12-28 17:10:46)
    File Operations 2.1.2
foo_freedb2.dll (2009-12-28 17:10:50)
    freedb Tagger 0.6.2
foo_input_std.dll (2009-12-28 17:11:30)
    Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_rgscan.dll (2009-12-28 17:11:30)
    ReplayGain Scanner 2.0.9
foo_ui_std.dll (2009-12-28 17:12:02)
    Default User Interface 0.9.5
foo_uie_panel_splitter.dll (2009-12-10 00:16:12)
    Panel Stack Splitter 0.3.8.3(alpha)
foo_unpack.dll (2009-12-28 17:10:34)
    RAR reader 1.3
    ZIP/GZIP reader 1.0

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #64
Try with removing foo_uie_panel_splitter. You actually don't have any benefit from it, because it works only with Columns UI, which you don't have installed.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #65
Is there a roadmap for 1.0 or just whenever it is done?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #66
Is there a roadmap for 1.0 or just whenever it is done?

No, but Peter mentioned somewhere (in this thread?) that it will be one of the last betas as most problems should apparently have been fixed.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #68
Hi,

I would like to use this version of foobar (thank you Peter by the way for that great jewellery) but is it safe to rip/convert with it?
For the rest, I'm not scared of this beta as long as it doesn't touch to my tags!

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #69
Try with removing foo_uie_panel_splitter. You actually don't have any benefit from it, because it works only with Columns UI, which you don't have installed.

@fbuser, thanks, but i had the problem before. i have that component since my last lousy attemp to theme fb2k
so its not that.. even if i install a new fresh beta 6 from right here, it would be the same.. personally it doesnt bother me, but this is a whole community and i want to help it improve, so may other not have the issues i have
P.S. there is some foobar log thing.. should it turn it on if it logs something and then paste the data here?

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #70
I have encountered a somewhat minor thing that bugs me when I switched to the 1.0 beta 6: before (i.e. 9.6.9), when I dragged an item from any playlist into the message window in Miranda (instant messenger), it would open the sending dialogue; however, with the new version it simply copies the artist and title as simple text into the message box.
Is there any way to change this back to normal, maybe even a setting that I just haven't stumbled across yet?
Thanks very much in advance.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 6

Reply #71
Instead of having a separate Now Playing plugin, I've always bound a global hotkey to [context/playing] Copy. To spiff things up a little, I've also edited the Options>Advanced>Display>Legacy>Copy field to include a progressbar. This has stopped working as of the 1.0 betas, as the %playback_time% variable has stopped working. Actually, all variations of %playback_time% has stopped working (seconds et. al.) as well.

Now, here's the peculiar part. %playback_time% seems to be working everywhere except for the legacy fields, but everything else works in the very same fields where %playback_time% fails to return a value.