Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Encodedby" field argument for Lame External? (Read 2509 times) previous topic - next topic

"Encodedby" field argument for Lame External?

Hi, I learned how to use "Encodedby" argument on FLAC external parameters so I can put my own info in there instead of the EAC's one. I was wondering if there is an argument for Lame too? 

FYI: The only way I've been able to change the Encoded by field in mp3s is to use Tag&Rename after ripping. I don't want to waste more time and possible forget to do it every time I rip a song. I would prefer to have it permanently entered into the file while ripping.

Reply #1
It should be possible if Case's Tag supports ID3v2 writing, since 'ENCODEDBY' entry is only for ID3v2 (cmiiw, as always).
But I think Tag only supports ID3v2 reading, not writing (though I'm willing to digress).

Any other suggestions?

Reply #2
Tag does not support writing ID3v2
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'