Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WV + EAC problem: no single file and wrong cues (Read 4950 times) previous topic - next topic

WV + EAC problem: no single file and wrong cues

Hello,

I want to rip my audio CDs using EAC and wavpack (wavpack4.31-win32).

So I followed the EAC + Wavepack guide, but I get multiple files instead of one. Also, the *.cue file isn't correct.
Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "Jet"
TITLE "Get Born"
FILE "Range.wav" WAVE

"Range.wav" doesn't appear anywhere in the folder so I'd have to correct it everytime I rip a CD.

I just want the following:
1. Rip a CD using EAC to Wavepack
2. a single *.wv + *.cue to to be saved to the folder (artist/[year] album/album.wv)
3. a log file in the album folder

At the moment I use the following command line options (as mentioned in the guide):
Code: [Select]
-w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%m" -h %s %d

I appreciate any help in these matters. Thanks in advance 

Reply #1
Press ALT+F7

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply, Fandango.

Is there a way to rip to a single wav-file / multiple wav-files and in one step?
When pressing Shift+ALT+F7 it does compress to WavPack, but the cue file will be wrong and the single wav-file has the extension "*.wav.wav.wav".

Any ideas how to solve this?

Reply #3
I would look up "MAREO" and "REACT" as methods of configuring EAC for multiple types of output.  Typically they're used for outputting in multiple formats, but at least with REACT, you can define a custom format as chopped wav files.

-brendan

Reply #4
When EAC ask you to name the file to be saved, don't add any extensions. EAC puts the extention as .wav first, then it encodes and changes it to .wv. You'll get a file named .wav.wv. I don't know how to take that .wav off, but it's better than .wav.wav.wv. Eh?
As for the cue file, i still can't figure it out, mine is always broken. The cue file is good, per se, it's just that it'll be pointing to the wrong filename. Just open it in notepad and edit the change the name of the the file to the real name.
example: you'll see a line that says

FILE "*.wav" WAVE

change that to

FILE "*.wv" WAVE

where the new filename is whatever you just renamed your file.

Reply #5
The easiest way to resolve these issues is using an interim application like REACT with a simple config.  REACT will ensure extensions are as expected and cuesheets point to the correct file.
I'm on a horse.