Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Feature Request] Audio CD's open in their own playlist (Read 2809 times) previous topic - next topic

[Feature Request] Audio CD's open in their own playlist

I play audio CD's a bit. When I put a CD in, it automatically opens up in Foobar2000, but however the tracks always goes to the playlist that is set in Preferences -> General -> Windows Shell Interaction -> Always send new files to playlist. Once that happens, I have to drag and drop the files into another playlist that I use solely for audio discs, then I have to go back to the 'file drop' playlist to remove the tracks that I copied over.

So my feature request for foobar2000 is a setting that if enabled, when a CD is put into the computer the tracks automatically go to the specified CD playlist instead of the playlist used for Windows Shell Integration.

Reply #1
main menu -> File -> Open Audio CD ... -> Play

The CD will be played in its own playlist

Reply #2
main menu -> File -> Open Audio CD ... -> Play

The CD will be played in its own playlist

That works.

However, I want CD's to be automatically added to their own play list, and that was the subject of my feature request.

Reply #3
So my feature request for foobar2000 is a setting that if enabled, when a CD is put into the computer the tracks automatically go to the specified CD playlist instead of the playlist used for Windows Shell Integration.

I have not tested it but as a solution for the present you can try the following:

Insert a CD, hold "shift" pressed until the CD drive is closed (this deactivates the AutoPlay function temporarily), create an autoplaylist named "CD-drive" with code

Code: [Select]
%path% HAS "d:\"

(replace d: with the letter of your CD drive).

Does this help?
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #4
[...]
I have not tested it but as a solution for the present you can try the following:

Insert a CD, hold "shift" pressed until the CD drive is closed (this deactivates the AutoPlay function temporarily), create an autoplaylist named "CD-drive" with code

Code: [Select]
%path% HAS "d:\"

(replace d: with the letter of your CD drive).

Does this help?

I tried that, and it did not work. I even added my CD drive to the list of monitored folders.