Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_stopafteralbum (Read 23898 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #25
Perhaps you could include a "skip to next playlist on last in playlist" option? Since you already have stop after last track and next playlist after album, I would guess it's just a matter of combining those two? Just in case I make a playlist with multiple albums (that does happen sometimes...).

stop after last track does not mean last track of playlist, it means a track tagged with "lasttrack" and value "1" is the last track.

Implementation of that feature is nevertheless easy. Enable "next playlist & play" without triggering "Stop after current" should work.

Unfortunately "end of playlist" and "stop after current" causes same stop-reason: "eof", so there ist no possibilty to distinguish.
So you can't use for example "stop after album" and "after last track of playlist jump to next playlist" simultaniously.

Also, it doesn't seem to detect when a new version is out with the updater? Dunno how that works exactly, but just a heads up.

Good idea, but i don't know how to do that.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #26
Your component is great but could you add the option to execute it only one (and then "reset" its setting, as the stop after current function does in foobar)?

In advanced preferences i've implemented commands like
-album only stop once
-time only stop once
-tracknumber ony stop once
etc.
I didn't make mainmeneu commands, because thats only for most commonly used commands

By the way I think there is a bug with "stop after track 1", because when I select it, play won't stop after the current playing track but after the following track.

I know, its not working if a track is playing already. I'll check that.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #27
thanks for your quick answer !
Decalicatan Decalicatan

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #28
Unfortunately "end of playlist" and "stop after current" causes same stop-reason: "eof", so there ist no possibilty to distinguish.
So you can't use for example "stop after album" and "after last track of playlist jump to next playlist" simultaniously.

Ohh I understand. Is there a way of detecting whether the number you're playing is the same as the total tracks in the playlist, instead? Otherwise, I will just have to remember to switch the one off when I use the other one.

EDIT: Just tested it with scheduler, it does the same behavior you're describing here. So the way I see it, it's better to have your component, since you can turn individual behaviors on and off without having to go into the preferences.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #29
Just updated the plugin and tried your setting, but there's a couple things that may or may not be fixable, but at least don't correspond with what I'd like... The first thing is, when it skips to the next playlist, playback doesn't always start at the first track. I'm not sure why, it seems to be almost random at which track it starts... Maybe an extra command is needed/desirable, that ensures the playback starts at the first track? It doesn't seem to matter if I turn on cursor follows playback or playback follows cursor, if that helps.

Secondly, when you have a different playlist selected than the one it's playing from, it skips to the next playlist from what you've got selected, instead of the next from where you're playing.

Hope these things are fixable! Thanks for adding this feature, it'll be very useful once these two kinks get ironed out!

EDIT: I think I figured out what determines which song gets played in the next playlist, it's the song where the playlist got stopped last time. I guess foobar has a per-playlist cursor memory? Anyway it's definitely not what I'd want or expect...  In foo_scheduler, you can explicitly tell it to start the next playlist at track 1.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #30
Just wanted to say the latest version works perfectly. Thanks for the effort!

Re: foo_stopafteralbum.dll

Reply #31
Thank you so much for this.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #34
Working good, feeling excellent. Thanks.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #35
I might not be getting something but whenever I choose "Menu| Playback | Control | Stop after album ON" I can't get a tick (as in, I can't seem to select that option). As a matter of fact I can't select any of them except "Menu | Playback | Control | Stop after albums once | 1 - 10 (ON)" and when I select, for example 1, my foobar stops after album is over but only once (that's how this option is supposed to work I think).

So how can I get my foobar to stop after any album gets to the end?

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #36
I've no idea, why this happens. Can't reproduce this.
tick und untick always works.
You can try to reset branch (right click) in Advanced Preferences | Playback | Stop after album
An old installation of stop after album might left older settings.

Reply #37
foobar 1.1.11 -> fading -> automatic track change(10000-0) -> gap track - track length is turn on -> track don't change
(visibly seekbar stop in few second before end of track)

Reply #38
track length is turn on
This feature means that you have to wait the whole length of the last track before the next track starts.
example: last track length: 5min23sec -> gap is 5min23sec. Keep in mind that there can be very long gaps, be cautious.

track don't change
Can't reproduce. next track starts after length of last track

(visibly seekbar stop in few second before end of track)
This only happens here, if i choose "automatic track change - Fade out:10000" and "stop after current" is active.

EDIT: Ok, i think i know now what the problem might be:
There is no fade-in in "gap track" mode. This is easy to explain: there is no automatic track change. It works like this: "stop after current" is set, at end of track a timer is activated, and then next track is started. (so no "automatic track change")

Reply #39
my problem is loud track after gap.
There is no fade-in in "gap track" mode.

question is can i turn-on fade-in after track gap?

Reply #40
I can't find a way.
Maybe i'am wrong, but there is no option to fade-in on starting track (only "pause and stop" etc.)

EDIT:
I used for starting track after gap:
virtual void playback_control::start ( t_track_command p_command = track_command_play,bool p_paused = false)
-> no fade-in

alternative would be:
void playback_control::play_start (t_track_command p_command = track_command_play,bool p_paused = false)
fade-in?

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #41
I love this plugin!

Two requests:
Modify the stop after album feature so that when tracknumber = totaltracks -> stop after current only if tracknumber has a non-zero/non-blank value.  I am running into a problem where untagged files will stop after each track, since technically tracknumber = totaltracks = "".

My other request is to stop playback when the next track's album title does not equal the current track's album title. I suspect this would be more difficult to implement, as it requires looking at other files besides the one being played at the moment.

Thanks!

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #42
request 1: fixed in 3.5

request 2: There is already a plugin with this functionality. As I can remember, its name is foo_stop_after_current.dll? (Not sure). Its tricky, because first track of next album is played for a few milliseconds before stop.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #43
request 1: fixed in 3.5

request 2: There is already a plugin with this functionality. As I can remember, its name is foo_stop_after_current.dll? (Not sure). Its tricky, because first track of next album is played for a few milliseconds before stop.

Wow that was quick!  Thank you, I'll try it out when I get home today.  I'll have to check out that other plugin as well, that's for the tip.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #44
Hi,
I was wondering if you would be willing to consider changing Album gap after
Code: [Select]
TRACKNUMBER = TOTALTRACKS

to something based on ALBUM field.

As it is now, it doesn't work well in case of multi-disc albums/box sets. It certainly doesn't work for people who prefer to number tracks separately for every disk of the album/set (as you get gap after every disc of the album). I reckon most(???) people number their tracks like this:

But even if we were to change numbering scheme, there is still an issue with adding to a playlist only some discs from an album/set, as we are getting gap after last track of the last disc ONLY. Below is an example - if I add an album to a playlist like shown in the screenshot, I'll get a gap. But if I only want to add first disc (very common in case of albums with bonus discs, where often you want to play original tracks only), there won't be any gap before next album in my playlist.

I believe it would be better to have Album gap only when the next track on playlist has different ALBUM field. It wouldn't of course work in case of wrong ALBUM fields (i.e. when some people incorrectly add 'CD1', 'CD2' and so on to album titles), but then again, who does that?

Anyways, I hope the above make sense. If it does, and you agree with it, AND it's easy for you to change, it would be really great.

Cheers,
SB

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #45
Is the option "Stop after album" intended to stop playback after each disc in an album? "After album" would suggest stopping after the last track on the last disc since an album can contain several discs.

For example, I have the album Pink Floyd's The Wall which is a two disc album. The ALBUM field on all tracks is set to "The Wall", the DISCNUMBER field is set to "1" and "2" for their respective discs, and the TRACKNUMBER and TOTALTRACKS are set properly according to the track number and total tracks of each disc. Yet, playback still stops after the last track of each disc.

Is it possible to correct this behavior? foo_stopaftercuralbum seems to do the trick with a little title formatting, but it has a glitch where playback doesn't stop until after a second into the next album. It would be nice to have an option that works properly.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #46
The option "Stop after album" in foo_stopafteralbum is very simple: TRACKNUMBER = TOTALTRACKS
The plugin uses build-in "Stop after current" of foobar2000.
foo_stopaftercuralbum plays next track, reads in the ALBUM tag of the new track, compares with ALBUM tag of last track and stops after a few milliseconds..
Thats the reason for possible glitches.

There are several ways to tag multidisc albums.
It's impossible to consider all of these.

In your case, there is a possible solution for two-disc albums.
If DISCNUMBER = 1 and TRACKNUMBER = TOTALTRACKS then skip
Of course it fails for three-disc albums, since there is no TOTALDISCNUMBER.

EDIT: By the way, your turntable stops also after every disc!

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #47
I see. That's too bad, I would've liked to use your component instead. Thanks for the answer though.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #48
when i want to achieve this kind of functionality, i just drag the selected tracks into a new playlist. you can then dispose of it when it's finished.

foo_stopafteralbum

Reply #49
It's all good now. I was able to modify grimes' source code to achieve the behavior I expected. Thanks!