Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Banned upon registration? (Read 5784 times) previous topic - next topic

Banned upon registration?

Hello, I was a fellow reader like most of you, but one day I decided to register in order to post a question in the FLAC section. After registering, and validating my account, it said I was banned until July 26, for absolutely no reason, and furthermore, gave me no reason. I would just like to know why I was banned in such a way? Thanks you so much. (Please do not think I am flaming, I merely would like to know, you know, curiosity.)

Reply #1
I suspect that this was because you used a GMail account to register;  HA didn't allow GMail accounts until recently.  Now, to hinder spammers, members signing up with free webmail account have to wait for a period before posting.

I guess using the term "ban" is not the best, but possibly the system is using inbuilt features - not specifically meant for the job - to accomplish the task.

Anyways:  welcome!
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
I guess it was anti-spam quarantine.

Edit. Oh my, it's quarantine, not carantine

Reply #3
Ah, I got it. I thought I had done something wrong. Well, thanks for clearing that up!

Reply #4
I've gone through the same problem, and found another one: the support email mailer@hydrogenaudio.org doesn't work.

Reply #5
p.s. just talking about it is a bannable offense 

Reply #6
The registration form warns you about this. If you don't read the warning, well...