Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 424216 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #475
@eldarien
Thanks, I've managed to migrate my old profile without issues by copying values.

I want to report another small issue, I don't know exactly if it's old or happens only in the new versions:
When seeking the volume bar in the deskband controls to the left, volume level goes to 100% if mouse is right on the left edge of the bar or even outside controls on the left. Although it displays the lowest possible value (it's still filled a bit), if your scroll your mouse one step up you will get from 100% (0dB) to "Mute", then on the next step you will get to ~-45dB.
I think it's a bug and volume level should go to "Mute" (0%) in this case.

Reply #476
Version 3.2 is out.

+ Added tooltip delay option.
  + Added keep tooltip open on hover option.
  - Fixed tooltip crush when background color contains alpha channel.
  - Fixed issue with trackbar background color transparency.
  - Fixed issue where trackbar position could get less than 0.
  - Other minor fixes.

Reply #477
So I updated and had the same problem again (cmd automatically closing as soon as I pressed any key) activating UAC and running as admin fixed it, but it still failed to copy the files. Tried to copy the files manually but that is impossible (they're installed now and explorer is using them) so I tried to copy them with the command window and then I realized what was going on.

Apparently some windows commands like xcopy and others don't work when you have a japanese system locale lol, so I changed it back to US english and now everything works just fine.

Thanks for the update btw, loving your plugin so far  :)

Reply #478
I ran into a somewhat minor issue, for some reason every time I open foobar it tries to install the plugin even though it's already installed.
I'm not sure if this is intentional or something that should go away after the first install, so I tried uninstalling the plugin and installing it again and I noticed that I simply can't install the plugin from the fb2k-component file nor after the first post-install launch.
If I open foobar with admin rights the installer doesn't appear and if I open it without admin rights the installer does appear but it does nothing (so the integrated installer doesn't work at all cause you can't give it admin rights).
The only way I can install the plugin is running the Install.cmd file in AppData as admin, but then as I said before, every time I open foobar it tries to install it again unless I open foobar as admin.

Not a big issue really but it can be a bit annoying if you open and close foobar a lot, also the system locale had nothing to do with it, it's simply a UAC issue it seems.

Reply #479
2 Mecha: I see the issue... Will fix later today..
Note to self: use 3 numbers in version string.

Reply #480
3.2.1 is out. Installer should not run on every start.

Reply #481
Yup, works just fine now, thanks!

Reply #482
Awesome to see this get updated! Lots of great new stuff, I love the tooltip with giant album art. :D

Reply #483
Thanks for the continued updates!  Couple things:

* Sometimes when resuming from sleep (on a laptop), the deskband will appear, even though music is paused and "hide when not playing" is enabled.  To get it to hide again, I need to start playing music, then pause it again.

* Transparent background colors don't seem to work in the tooltip (I'm trying to add some padding to the bottom).

Reply #484
Here are my presets if anybody wants some simple and straightforward presets easy to use that fill Windows 7 taskbar nicely:

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzawF0s2z7TubU9ZdE5yYlVNWjg

Pics:

(if pics are not shown right here right click and open them in new tab to see)

Reply #485
EDIT: removed previous comment

I had installation problems and the only way I could get it to work was to manually register deskband.dll

Reply #486
I'm currently running version 1.1.2 but I want to upgrade. Is there a complete changelog somewhere that I can read? I was hoping I'd be able to avoid trawling through 20 pages of forum posts.
<3

Reply #487
Hi ColdChemical.
Yes, there is a readme.txt file inside component file if you open it with any archiver (you can change extension to .zip if necessary).

Reply #489
Hi All, Version 3.3.0 is out.
  + Added playlist view in context menu.
  - Minor bugfixes.

Reply #490
Awesome update!
I'm glad you included playlist in context menu although I expected cascaded playlist view (sub-menu) when I saw changelog.
Maybe in some future version you can add option for that?

Reply #491
And also if focus could be brought back to whatever it was on after clicking on something from context menu would be nice.

Reply #492
I take back that last comment about focus. Maybe that's not a good idea.

Reply #493
hi, I got error when changing buttons color with message "Unhandled exception...", it keep reappear after I close it. I have to force close foobar2000 from task manager, reopen it then change the color back to default/white to stop the error message.

Reply #494
Hi arch21!

Please provide more information: what version are you using, what exact colors you were trying to apply, full error message, etc.
Also, if you can, share your configuration file (located in %AppData%\DeskbandControls.

Reply #495
hi, thank you
I'm using version 3.3.0, trying to change buttons color from white to black so it's more visible on my taskbar.
I uploaded short video and config file
regards. :)

Reply #496
arch21, thank you for reporting this. Fixed in 3.3.1.

Reply #497
Hi everyone. I have some issues with this awesome plugin. After first installing (ver3.2.0) everything works fine. But after reinstalling Windows (full and clean reinstall) and updating plugin to ver3.3.1 the plugin don't work fine. It appears on my taskbar, but everytime i want to switch track (for example) it kind of freezes cursor, sometimes it crashes explorer.exe and i can't get to plugin' settings - the pop-up window appears but everything freezes and pressing the settings leads to explorer.exe to crash.
OS: Windows 10 x64 ver1703 (build 15063.296). No insider preview.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language:3

Reply #498
Hi OnToshCORE!
Do you have a very large playlist in your player by any chance? I need more details of your setup to be able to reproduce.
Also, try to delete configuration located at %AppData%\DeskbandControls and see if that helps.

Reply #499
eldarien, now it works, thanks. But there's a nuance - i've delete deskband.json (or smth like this) in c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DeskbandControls\ and after that everything starts to work normally. Deleting foobar with deskband folder didnt help at all (i'm using portable installation).
So great job, mate. Thanks for your help and for your awesome plugin! I've been searching for something like this for so long.
Greetings from Russia, by the way. Привет из России!