Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 424078 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #25
I have found that explorer crashes if you change the .ini file then remove the toolbar from the taskbar. You have to remove it first then change the .ini. This is on XP.

This is odd, because it reads ini on startup...
Another thing is, it doesn't seem to load the .ini file from foobar's configuration folder, it has to be %appdata%/foobar2000/configuration, whereas my config is stored in Program Files/foobar2000/configuration. (I'm not on portable mode.)

I know  Storing ini in app folder is not a good thing in Win7. I am going to make separate folder for it in %appdata%, as it is ini only for deskband dll, not foobar plugin dll.
Something I would really like is a stop after current indicator, would that be possible?

I don't understand. Can you explain what is it?

Quote from: cerAmik link=msg=0 date=
Note: your readme doesn't say that regsvr32 need a command prompt runned as administrator

It does, actually.

but would it be possible to put this in an installer instead of having to do it manually

Yes, there will be an installer in next versions.

Reply #26
This is odd, because it reads ini on startup...

I thought it was odd too, but it seems to have stopped, probably because I restarted in the mean time.

I don't understand. Can you explain what is it?

Basically just another button that turns on/off stop after current (for me stop after current is just as important as play/pause and stop), except it has some indication of whether SAC is on or off (same as the play/pause button indicates whether foobar is playing). This thread is kind of related: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=77230

It would be great if you could consider it!

Reply #27
It does not work...
I put the ini file in the C:\Winprog\Foobar2000\Configuration folder (portable mode) and this is my custom ini file:

Options
;Windows 7, small icons, aero skin
MinWidth=350

TextShow=0
TextTop=7
TextLeft=172
TextShowStatus=1
TextShowTitle=1
TextShowTime=1

ButtonsShow=1
ButtonsTop=7
ButtonsLeft=0

SeekbarShow=0
SeekbarTop=7
SeekbarLeft=70
SeekbarWidth=100

But the configurations are not loaded, I have always the seekbar and the text.
I deleted the unwanted lines from deskband.ini, is it correct?
Why configurations are not loaded?

Reply #28
It does not work...
I put the ini file in the C:\Winprog\Foobar2000\Configuration folder (portable mode) and this is my custom ini file:

But the configurations are not loaded, I have always the seekbar and the text.
I deleted the unwanted lines from deskband.ini, is it correct?
Why configurations are not loaded?

It is loaded only from %appdata%/foobar2000/configuration
If this folder does not exists (because of portable mode), create it and it will work.
On win 7 it's here: c:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\configuration\

You can run this command in command line to see exact location: echo %appdata%

Reply #29
Already done, but it does not work...
I created the folder c:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\configuration\ and putted the ini file in it, but it looks always full-configurated.
Before the changes I closed Foobar and the Foobar DeskBand Controls and than I restart, but with no changes.
Am I still doing something wrong?
This is my ini file:

Code: [Select]
[Options-]
;Windows 7, big icons, aero or aero basic skin
MinWidth=300

TextShow=1
TextTop=2
TextLeft=2
TextShowStatus=1
TextShowTitle=1
TextShowTime=1

ButtonsShow=1
ButtonsTop=17
ButtonsLeft=0

SeekbarShow=1
SeekbarTop=17
SeekbarLeft=70
SeekbarWidth=230

Options-
MinWidth=350

TextShow=0
TextTop=7
TextLeft=172
TextShowStatus=0
TextShowTitle=0
TextShowTime=0

ButtonsShow=1
ButtonsTop=7
ButtonsLeft=0

SeekbarShow=0
SeekbarTop=7
SeekbarLeft=70
SeekbarWidth=50

[Options-]
;Windows 7, small icons, classic skin / Windows XP, classic skin
MinWidth=350

TextShow=1
TextTop=2
TextLeft=172
TextShowStatus=1
TextShowTitle=1
TextShowTime=1

ButtonsShow=1
ButtonsTop=2
ButtonsLeft=0

SeekbarShow=1
SeekbarTop=2
SeekbarLeft=70
SeekbarWidth=100

[Options-]
;Windows 7, big icons, aero skin, horizontal taskbar
MinWidth=70

TextShow=1
TextTop=35
TextLeft=5
TextShowStatus=0
TextShowTitle=0
TextShowTime=1

ButtonsShow=1
ButtonsTop=2
ButtonsLeft=2

SeekbarShow=1
SeekbarTop=17
SeekbarLeft=0
SeekbarWidth=70

Reply #30
It should be loaded from the foobar2000's configuration folder, if it's in portable mode then it should not use %appdata% at all.
There's a reason why it's called portable.

And thank you for thinking of us x64 users, hope you'll compile it soon.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #31
It should be [Options] instead of [Options-] or Options-

Also it kind of makes sense to not include it in portable mode because you need to register that .dll.

Reply #32
Thanks, but [Options], [Options-] or Options- is the same, it does not work.
Can you post your ini file?

LAST EDIT, ok now it works fine, sorry for spamming!

Reply #33
Okay this new update is much better. I am enjoying it a lot - no more hotkeys, alt+tabbing etc. to control the music.

Functionality is fine at the moment, other than that bug that causes Explorer to crash when removing the toolbar from the taskbar (I even got it once by removing the toolbar without changing the ini) so I'd say if you were to make another version I'd love to see even more customization:

- Removing specific playback buttons and changing their relative location to each other (so for example a user could have REW, Play/Pause, FF at that order and without the Stop button.), possibly adding more buttons (random? not that I have a use for these, just tossing ideas around)
- Custom images for playback buttons, seekbar. Custom font for the song text.
- Option to align song text to the right instead of left, that way long song titles continue to the left instead of right (I doubt this is possible though, due to the way toolbars are implemented in Windows).
- Custom formatting of TextShowTitle (%Artist%, %Album% et cetera, also gets rid of the need for switches like TextShowTime)

btw, some extreme nitpicking: the fourth option in the ini should should be 'vertical'.

Errm, I apologize for triple posting (I really hate forums that disable editing after a certain time period!) but just had another idea - making the song title a seperate toolbar. That way it doesn't cut off to the right on Small Icons taskbars. (I would appreciate if someone can merge my posts.)

Reply #34
Looking forward to using this - it looks great.

I am having a problem with the installation though.  When I run regsvr32 /u Foobar2000DeskbandControls.dll from the command prompt as administrator, I get an error message that says:

The module Foobar2000DeskbandControls.dll was loaded but the call to DllUnregisterServer failed with error code 0x80040201

I couldn't find much information about this error online.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Reply #35
When I run regsvr32 /u Foobar2000DeskbandControls.dll from the command prompt as administrator, I get an error message that says:

The module Foobar2000DeskbandControls.dll was loaded but the call to DllUnregisterServer failed with error code 0x80040201

"/u" option is for UNinstalling. To install, run regsvr32 Foobar2000DeskbandControls.dll
(without "/u").

Reply #36
Anyway to currently remap the controls? I prefer the "back" and "forward/random" commands as opposed to "previous" and "next" (makes going through large playlists with a random order nice!).

If not, this would definitely be a request.

Cool plugin though... It's nice to have sizeable buttons in a the tray now

Reply #37
I can't get my settings changed at all... i use a very small taskbar Here's my ini file:

[Options-]
;Windows 7, big icons, aero or aero basic skin
MinWidth=300

TextShow=1
TextTop=2
TextLeft=2
TextShowStatus=1
TextShowTitle=1
TextShowTime=1

ButtonsShow=1
ButtonsTop=17
ButtonsLeft=0

SeekbarShow=1
SeekbarTop=17
SeekbarLeft=70
SeekbarWidth=230

[Options]
MinWidth=350

TextShow=1
TextTop=7
TextLeft=172
TextShowStatus=1
TextShowTitle=1
TextShowTime=1

ButtonsShow=1
ButtonsTop=7
ButtonsLeft=0

SeekbarShow=1
SeekbarTop=7
SeekbarLeft=70
SeekbarWidth=100

[Options-]
;Windows 7, small icons, classic skin / Windows XP, classic skin
MinWidth=350

TextShow=1
TextTop=2
TextLeft=172
TextShowStatus=1
TextShowTitle=1
TextShowTime=1

ButtonsShow=1
ButtonsTop=2
ButtonsLeft=0

SeekbarShow=1
SeekbarTop=2
SeekbarLeft=70
SeekbarWidth=100

[Options-]
;Windows 7, big icons, aero skin, horizontal taskbar
MinWidth=70

TextShow=1
TextTop=35
TextLeft=5
TextShowStatus=0
TextShowTitle=0
TextShowTime=1

ButtonsShow=1
ButtonsTop=2
ButtonsLeft=2

SeekbarShow=1
SeekbarTop=17
SeekbarLeft=0
SeekbarWidth=70

Oh and mine crashes too when i change the ini before removing it.

Reply #38
I can't get my settings changed at all...

At what path is your ini file located? What windows version do you have?
You are trying to change settings under "[Options]" section, not "[Options-]", right?
You can remove all "[Options-]" sections and their settings for clarity.

Reply #39
When I run regsvr32 /u Foobar2000DeskbandControls.dll from the command prompt as administrator, I get an error message that says:

"/u" option is for UNinstalling. To install, run regsvr32 Foobar2000DeskbandControls.dll
(without "/u").

Thanks eldarian.  My bad - I can't believe I was reading that wrong.  You can probably tell I am new to this whole thing.   

Installed fine now and looks fantastic.  Looking forward to future updates.  Thanks again!

Reply #40
I can't get my settings changed at all...

At what path is your ini file located? What windows version do you have?
You are trying to change settings under "[Options]" section, not "[Options-]", right?
You can remove all "[Options-]" sections and their settings for clarity.

Yes I am. The thing is, the settings don't even seem to change when I select a whole different [options] section. I have tried removing all other sections as well but didn't work. I'm on windows vista x86. The ini is located in foobar/configuration (all my settings are located in the application install folder).

Reply #41
The ini is located in foobar/configuration (all my settings are located in the application install folder).

Well, this is your error. Move ini to %appdata%/foobar2000/configuration (if this folder doesn't exists -- create it), and it will work.

Reply #42
The ini is located in foobar/configuration (all my settings are located in the application install folder).

Well, this is your error. Move ini to %appdata%/foobar2000/configuration (if this folder doesn't exists -- create it), and it will work.

It does work now, but i think it's kind of weird it works this way. The folder did not exist because in foobar preferences i set it to application install folder, so all the config files should be located there (all the other files are).

Thanks anyway, but I think it should be in the same location as all the other config files.

Reply #43
What do you think about a different color for the active button?
For example all the buttons grey and when I press play the button become white...
In this case the status messages are not necessary.
It is only one of my ideas.
Donnie.

Reply #44
Any eta and a 64bit compatible version?

Reply #45
This is my Deskband.ini file, it is on "%appdata%/foobar2000/configuration", using Windows XP. I don't want to show the buttons and the seekbar, but is not working. What could be wrong? I disabled the taskbar control, closed foobar2000, then open foobar2000 and enable again the deskbar, but still keeps showing the buttons and the seekbar.

[Options-]
Windows 7, small icons, classic skin / Windows XP, classic skin
MinWidth=350

TextShow=1
TextTop=2
TextLeft=172
TextShowStatus=1
TextShowTitle=1
TextShowTime=1

ButtonsShow=0
ButtonsTop=2
ButtonsLeft=0

SeekbarShow=0
SeekbarTop=2
SeekbarLeft=70
SeekbarWidth=100

Another thing: where to edit the text to show? The colors and the font?
The size of the Deskband? I think is too big.

* Ok, I did something wrong: what I have to remove is the "-" from [Options-], not the ";" from the next line, but now explorer crash and I have to exit it and when I try to enable the deskbar explorer crash again and again.
** I restart the computer and everything is working fine now, no more crashes, I can disable, edit the ini file, and enable it again.

Reply #48
Seems a very nice component~ But i am running on 64 bit Windows 7.

when we can have 64 bit version?  I cannot wait anymore~~~
.:: Evchenic.S+udio ::.

Reply #49
Hey guys! Here is x64 version (link is the same as before). Sorry that it take so long.. Really had no free time last month. But now it seems that my rush is over and I will be able to work on this plugin. So, stay tuned