Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler (Read 437826 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_scheduler

Reply #575
Does anyone have a schedule for each day of the week, broken down by half-hour segments? Trying to save the time it would take to program in 336 blocks. :)

Alternatively, @andrew_smolko, is there a way to copy/paste or import a schedule? Thanks!

Reply #576
Just as an FYI, I have updated foobar to version 1.3.15 and the issue I had with the scheduler persists.

Reply #577
I appreciate all the work that has been put into refining this component; however, I don't understand why the "wake up computer" command hasn't been implemented in the action list? All of the shutdown options are there, so it seems odd that the wake command cannot be included also.

In fact, it seems the only way to incorporate the wake command is in the Date/Time event option?

Am I just being ignorant and missing something? If not, this is something I would love to see incorporated into any update!

Reply #578
Hi there
I'm very glad that you've made a scheduler! Thank you!
One action that i'm missing is to activate/deactivate a DPS. I'm using the "foo_dsp_fsurround" (stereo to 5.1) but I'd like that it is deactivated sometimes. Is there a way to manage this?
Thanks a lot!

Edit:
Okay.. Nope, I'll use it all the time.

Reply #579
Hi, guys. How to makea loop in scheduler? May be only goto style? mean after last item in list go to first to repeat it

Reply #580
Just as an FYI, I have updated foobar to version 1.3.15 and the issue I had with the scheduler persists.
Hi guys:

Windows 10 updated itself and now (for totally unknown reasons) the scheduler started working again.

Reply #581
Hello

Is there also a way to load DSP chain presents with it? Didn't found a way via Google,,

And I like the scheduler very much! Thank you for your work!

foo_scheduler Save Playlist/s Action

Reply #582
I don't think anyone has asked for this. I've done a thread search.

I downloaded this purely to see if there was a save and saveall playlists option on FB2K closed event to any of the 3 playlist types. As it would be super useful for Traktor.

Could this be implemented? Thanks.

Reply #583
Push: Could this be implemented? (load DSP chain presents)

Reply #585
I have Foobar v1.3.9  running very well under XP Pro SP3 on an old AMD laptop. What I want is a simple backup computer that I can quickly plug in at the transmitter for a couple weeks while I do a major studio rebuild in order to go with live DJ's. The main system runs RadioDJ in your basically automated format. This laptop will not run RadioDJ software very well, even on a clean install of XP. W7Pro will not even install on it.

I have two playlists that I need to switch between at certain times.  I am apparently missing something big here... when I create a time event and right-click to "Assign Action List", all that shows is "NONE". Say the playlists (M3U) are named "##MAIN##" and "##OVERNIGHTS##". and I need the "##OVERNIGHTS##"to run from midnight to 6AM.

What am I doing wrong/missing here?

Eddie H
WILD Chief Engineer

Reply #586
Is there a way to scheduler foobar to play a single track from playlist A , then a single track from playlist B, then back to A, and back to B, etc? I'm not coming up with a clever way to do this.

Reply #587
Could you please add an action to load certains DSP chain presents? Would be very useful!

Thank you a lot!
Greetings
Chris

Reply #588
I'm trying to find a way to run a batch file using the file name of my audio track... a different script for every track played.
For simplicity's sake I've copied the batch to the foobar program file as this is where the cmd opens when foobar runs it.
I've managed to make it work from the tracks context menu using the Run Services plugin launching: cmd /k "%filename%.bat" but I need this to be automatic. I thought I'd try Scheduler with the same line but this just opens the cmd window and reports that "%filename%.bat is not a valid command or batch file.
I have scoured these pages for anyone doing something similar but with no luck. Any help would be appreciated but I'm no programmer, I usually borrow from the work of others and fiddle till it does it for me.

Reply #589
I'm trying to find a way to run a batch file using the file name of my audio track... a different script for every track played.
For simplicity's sake I've copied the batch to the foobar program file as this is where the cmd opens when foobar runs it.
I've managed to make it work from the tracks context menu using the Run Services plugin launching: cmd /k "%filename%.bat" but I need this to be automatic. I thought I'd try Scheduler with the same line but this just opens the cmd window and reports that "%filename%.bat is not a valid command or batch file.
I have scoured these pages for anyone doing something similar but with no luck. Any help would be appreciated but I'm no programmer, I usually borrow from the work of others and fiddle till it does it for me.

foo_scheduler doesn't support titleformating so you cannot use it like that.

What you can do is also add the foo_run component
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_runcmd
so you can add in foo_schedule an entry to select the Context menu Run service command you have created.

eg.
Run service command is named "cmdservice"
foobar2000.exe is located "C:\desktop\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe"
In scheduler you use the Launch application action.

The command would be:

Code: [Select]
"C:\desktop\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" /runcmd-playlist="Run service/cmdservice"

Reply #590
Thank you so much Zeremy... I've just had a go with your solution and it worked a treat. My wife Joanie is a singer my plan is that she  can choose a track with the foobar app on an android pad at centre stage... Have it play on one PC to the side of the stage and have that pc output a midi command to another pc which runs QLC+ and does her lights.  Again, thank you.... Al

Reply #591
I'm having a weird issue with foo_scheduler since Windows 10 updated itself to 1809.
I use foo_scheduler as an alarm clock, meaning I set it to wake the PC up at 9 AM and start playback, and put the PC to sleep before going to bed.

Everything was fine up until now, but ever since versiuon 1809, what happens is:
- The PC wakes up at 9 AM
- It starts playback
- No sound comes out
- As soon as I interact with the keyboard/mouse, the sound is instantly on and playing

Things I've tried to resolve the issue:
- Tried different audio devices: HDMI audio, Onboard, USB soundcard - Same thing.
- Made a clean installation of Windows 10 1809 and updates - Same thing.
- Disabled the lock screen, and requiring a password after sleep - Same thing.
- Restored an old backup of Windows 10 1803 - Works fine.

Did anyone else encounter this? Could you guys test this as well, if you have an 1809 system?

Reply #592
Would it be possible to get a "copy/paste" function? Sometimes I have to do some insanely complex scheduler functions, and it would be a lot easier if I could just copy and paste them rather than having to recreate them every single time.

Reply #593
Great to see it's been updated. :)
Amazing plugin, I'm using it for a long time.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #594
Is there a version for use with the 0.9 series of Foobar2000? The New version hosted for download isn't compatible with 0.9.4.5.

Great plugin.

Reply #595
If anyone wants to help this person, don't forget to build it with a really old compiler, because nothing current supports their OS as a target.

Reply #597
Since I did not found any changelog on the usual places,
and you need to install it to see the changes (which is kinda unusual and cumbersome),

here is the changelog:
= 4.19
* Added 'Restart after completion' option to action list.
* Added 'Stop all action lists but this' action.

Reply #598
It would be great if I could send arguments to Launch app - extra field arguments that will also take into account title functions (so I could send it parent directory as an argument for example or full file path).

Regarding multiple files in selection, those can be extracted into temporary playlist (
%TEMP%\...m3u
etc.) that could then be fed into anything.

Reply #599
Can I make buttons for scheduler events I have to be along playback buttons (play, pause, stop) so I can easily turn them on or off?