Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler (Read 437732 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scheduler

Reply #25
Request:
- Option to shutdown the machine after a period of time or songs played
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

foo_scheduler

Reply #27
Request:
- Option to shutdown the machine after a period of time or songs played

Why not to use such config:

• On playback end, disable after done
        ...some actions...
        2 minutes delay
        Shutdown

foo_scheduler

Reply #29
Just thought of this, dunno if it will work... could you just set the time to run the task in 1 min then have the task as something like
-delay for X minutes
-shutdown..

I agree that an option would be better but I think this should work as a temporary work around

foo_scheduler

Reply #30
Request:
Besides setting the foobar2000 volume, setting the Windows MASTER volume would be very useful.
For example, you can end the day listening the music through your headphones, where a lower windows master volume is necessary, but want to be woken up the next morning - in which case a higher windows master volume is vital.
Of course, if you forget to unplug the headphones.... But that is something you can do even if the notebook is already off...

foo_scheduler

Reply #31
Is already there a way to create these actions I had with 0.8:

1)  Shutdown on track end

2)  Change playlist to "playlist_name" after 2h:00m

3)  Change playlist to "playlist_name" on playback end

4)  Change playlist to "playlist_name" at 10:30 AM

5)  Exit Foobar (saving config and database files) after/on/at...

?

Thanks

foo_scheduler

Reply #32
thanks fot that great plugin
!

foo_scheduler

Reply #33

?

Thanks

1) on playback end
2) yes
3) yes
4) yes
5) no (will be in the next version)

Why not to download and try yourself?

foo_scheduler

Reply #34

?

Thanks

1) on playback end
2) yes
3) yes
4) yes
5) no (will be in the next version)

Why not to download and try yourself?

Sorry, I had a look but, obviously, it had not been a careful one.

Anyway, I can't find the way to do the # 2 in the list above: which event should I start with?
In my post, I was meaning: "change to that playlist after two hours from when I check this command. At least, from when I close the settings window.
In the player list I can only see "On playback end" and in the date/time list I cant see a "delay"
time field. Yes, I saw there is a delay action but I have to start with an event first, so?

Thanks.

foo_scheduler

Reply #35
Thank you very much andrew_smolko!

Requests:
  - Event: Track change
  - Action: Foobar command

Then I can use foo_run with cwb_hooks to check wether i have album art for the album and run CoverDownloader if i haven't.

foo_scheduler

Reply #36
Wow, just when I think there is nothing else that can be added, somebody creatively comes up with a fantastic idea!  Thanks, I will put this to good use, esp. when on the road with my notebook, and one of those hotel alarm clocks that play fuzz and are impossible to set right.

foo_scheduler

Reply #37
Right now im just using 1 playlist all the time, (i have albums organized with .m3u files). how do i make it so it goes back to the first track of the playlist, its not very useful when it only plays the last song on the playlist. (its on the last song because i played the whole playlist when i fell asleep.

Edit: i kind of fixed it. i just made the last song a really long loud one.

foo_scheduler

Reply #38

2) yes

Anyway, I can't find the way to do the # 2 in the list above: which event should I start with?

Oops  It can be done in my development build, not in public release 3.01. Wait for the next version. There it will be possible to start scheduler action lists from main menu. The configuration will look like this:

• On menu item "Item identifier"
    • 5 minutes delay
    • Shutdown

foo_scheduler

Reply #39
thanks man i waited long for this one,

THANK YOU SO MUCH

foo_scheduler

Reply #41
3.05 is ready!

foo_scheduler

Reply #42
Thanks, finally got the "timer" to work, thanks to the menu item addition =)

Unfortunately there's no way to see the remaining time, a title format would be good to use in e.g. Trackinfo or statusbar/caption.

Thanks.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_scheduler

Reply #43
hello,
can you make the plugin allow twice or more equal events?
I like to shutdown when the playback ends, but also like to close the player sometimes...

ty anyway

foo_scheduler

Reply #44
Could you add a warning if the user tries to save an event for a past date? Maybe it could even be smart warning, meaning it would offer a correction, too. For example: user tries to save an event for 7am 2nd November on the 5th November, a warning window pops up saying "event date is in the past, would you like to save it for 7am 6th November (so the next day 7am)", and user would be able to either accept the change or go back and edit or even save it with the "useless" setting.
What do you think?
(I almost missed a wake up alarm because of not changing the date on a past event  )
A very good component, though, I never knew how much I was missing a scheduler until recently
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

foo_scheduler

Reply #45
Unfortunately there's no way to see the remaining time, a title format would be good to use in e.g. Trackinfo or statusbar/caption.

Marked, as TODO for future versions.

Already in TODO list!
Could you add a warning if the user tries to save an event for a past date? ...

No problem, added to TODO list.

foo_scheduler

Reply #46
I can't seem to get a timer that I make to work. I make a new timer, I set a delay for say 5 min, then after that I have it shutdown foobar. I click the menu to run scheduler event click the timer, 5 min passes and nothing happens. Can someone post what they are using for their timer settings so I know if I am doing this right.

oh and i have version 3.05 if that makes a difference.

THanks,
Josh

foo_scheduler

Reply #47

What does that mean?

jackassbikeco... try it with stopping play (just because I know that has worked for me)...  I have 60minute delay and then stop play.  The reason I suggest using a more simple function is because I think in the past I have had timers not turn off...  and alarms not go on.  I haven't verified it because.... normally I'm half asleep and I can't tell if it's a software problem or me not being fully awake ~_~

foo_scheduler

Reply #48
What he means is that if he wants to have the same event twice. He wants it to allow him to setup say two identical alarms. I think that is what he means. Oh and i will try it to make a new timer again, i was kinda tired when i was playing around with it so maybe i missed something.

Thanks,
Josh

foo_scheduler

Reply #49
couple of question.

how are people saying shut down the computer in x mins. i can only seem to have it on playback end. i want it to shut down on a timer dont care if it is playing. your talking about the timer but i cant find it

I would like to request a fade in & fade out volume.  Also being able to set the playback order would be cool.