Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 126562 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #75
@TheQwertiest: The left button single click seems to work the same way as DUI album list; i.e. with both library tree & album list the playlist is populated on single click. I don't see the advantage of having to use an extra click (double click) to accomplish this, but maybe I am missing something... It would also mean that single click would do nothing upon clicking on a name unless set otherwise. Bear in mind that if single click was set to do something else, that action would also run on double click, which may lead to unwanted events. Anyway, for me to consider it further, please provide convincing arguments as to why you want the double click option, why single click isn't suitable, what benefit double click offers and if added whether you want any other actions also triggered, such as starting playback
Well, it's my attempt to make foobar behave more Winamp-escque =)
My usage scenario is quite simple - I use Library Tree as 'file' browser (Library View PL is used as a simple playlist, that is populated only via double-click or manual addition). I.e. I can freely move through directories\playlists and etc without worrying, that my playlists might be emptied or changed. That's why I want to avoid 'send to playlist' via single LMB click.

Your script is the only one that I could 'force' to behave like that (+ it's stylish and suits my foobar's theme), so I was hoping, that it would be possible to implement it as a build-in feature, as to avoid patching it manually every release.
Bear in mind that if single click was set to do something else, that action would also run on double click, which may lead to unwanted events.
Yeah, forgot about that... I guess it might be impossible to implement my request while retaining all the other functionality without changing a lot of code :\

Reply #76
@WilB
Thanks for your fine work as I have been using Library Tree almost right from the start. And it just keeps getting better..

Reply #77
@TheQwertiest: The left button single click seems to work the same way as DUI album list; i.e. with both library tree & album list the playlist is populated on single click. I don't see the advantage of having to use an extra click (double click) to accomplish this, but maybe I am missing something... It would also mean that single click would do nothing upon clicking on a name unless set otherwise. Bear in mind that if single click was set to do something else, that action would also run on double click, which may lead to unwanted events. Anyway, for me to consider it further, please provide convincing arguments as to why you want the double click option, why single click isn't suitable, what benefit double click offers and if added whether you want any other actions also triggered, such as starting playback
Well, it's my attempt to make foobar behave more Winamp-escque =)
My usage scenario is quite simple - I use Library Tree as 'file' browser (Library View PL is used as a simple playlist, that is populated only via double-click or manual addition). I.e. I can freely move through directories\playlists and etc without worrying, that my playlists might be emptied or changed. That's why I want to avoid 'send to playlist' via single LMB click.

Your script is the only one that I could 'force' to behave like that (+ it's stylish and suits my foobar's theme), so I was hoping, that it would be possible to implement it as a build-in feature, as to avoid patching it manually every release.
Bear in mind that if single click was set to do something else, that action would also run on double click, which may lead to unwanted events.
Yeah, forgot about that... I guess it might be impossible to implement my request while retaining all the other functionality without changing a lot of code :\

Hi TheQwertiest, could you share the complete code with singleclick autofill disabled? I can't make it with your past instructions, Thanks!

Reply #78
@TheQwertiest & @condenado

Just to confirm that I had already added the ability to disable single click auto-fill in my copy. When single-click auto-fill is disabled, the playlist will be only be filled on left double-click or manually.

There will be a new a release shortly incorporating this feature, when I have finalised a request from always.beta...

HTH

Reply #79
@TheQwertiest & @condenado

Just to confirm that I had already added the ability to disable single click auto-fill in my copy. When single-click auto-fill is disabled, the playlist will be only be filled on left double-click or manually.

There will be a new a release shortly incorporating this feature, when I have finalised a request from always.beta...

HTH

Perfect!! I'll be waiting. Thanks WilB.

Reply #80
I am glad to hear you say that you are adding a feature I want. Thanks WilB. Can you share a modified version? Its appearance (scroll bar) is similar to Br3tt’s JSS~.

Reply #81
Hi,

This component is greatn thank you
A suggestion : For each node, can you make the whole line clickable instead of just the text ? maybe it can expand the node when the mouse click is before the node's text, and it can send to playlist when the click is on the node's text, or after the node text.
It will make the script a little more intuitive to use.

Reply #82
Hi,

This component is greatn thank you
A suggestion : For each node, can you make the whole line clickable instead of just the text ? maybe it can expand the node when the mouse click is before the node's text, and it can send to playlist when the click is on the node's text, or after the node text.
It will make the script a little more intuitive to use.
It's okey, i managed to update the script myself. One last thing which would be great is to expand the nodes which match the search string, when performing a search. I tried to do it also, but it require a good understanding of the code, and probably significant changes, so i gave up.

Reply #83
@collagen I have added the requested features and they will be in the next release.

@always.beta Your requests will also be in the next release.

Reply #84
New Version: Library Tree 1.3

Thanks for the feedback.

CHANGELOG

ADD: Ability to disable single-click auto-fill of the playlist. When disabled, the playlist can be filled manually, from the menu, or on double click. Set in panel properties; "Text Single-Click: AutoFill Playlist" and adjust "Text Double-Click" according to taste.

ADD: "Expand" (right click menu): fully expands node (N/A for large nodes).

ADD: "Collapse All" (right click menu).

ADD: Auto expand search results. Operates when list is refined sufficiently – see technical notes below. Default is off.  Enable in panel properties: "Search Results Auto Expand".

ADD: Improved custom node icon options, e.g. chevron arrows like >. To use, enable "Node: Custom..." in panel properties.

ADD: Improved navigation. Node selection area is bigger + nodes highlight on hover (can be disabled). Additionally, active text area can be increased by enabling "Text Whole Line Clickable" in panel properties.

ADD: Node size can now be zoomed (mouse-over > Ctrl + Alt + mouse wheel).

CHG: Zoom. Ctrl + Alt + mouse wheel are now required to zoom the font, filter and node sizes on mouse over. This is to stop ctrl selection of tracks while scrolling sometimes causing zooming.

ADD: Custom node colours (panel properties).

ADD: Customisable scrollbars (panel properties).

FIX: Minor draw issues.

Technical notes

1) The menu "Expand", and search results "Auto Expand", have default limits of 500 & 350 tracks, respectively. This is for efficiency reasons & because expanding to large lists impedes navigation. Thresholds can be changed in: "ADV.Limit..." in panel properties.

2) Availability of custom icons may depend on fonts installed. The icon font can be set in panel properties. Font symbols can be pasted in.

3) Ensure comma "," separators are retained where used in panel properties.

4) Some panel properties have changed & redundant removed (view & view filter patterns unaffected). Export panel properties, before updating, if you need a record.

Reply #85
thanks!

Reply #86
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.1

CHANGELOG

Fix: Draw regression

Reply #87
Hi WiiB
Great new version (1.3.1). Thanks for all your hard work.

I've found a small annoyance. I use the following query for getting a tree of Genres;
View by Genre // %<genre>%|[%band% - ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%

I use multi-value genres.

However the panel crashes at line 583, Col 93. Unable to get property 'name' of undefined or null reference.

It could well be my inconsistant tagging but I wouldn't expect a crash.

Reply #88
Thanks. Finally i did it myself on my custom library tree, but a little bit differently : on my script, when there is one node only at any level of the tree, this node is automatically expanded. Like that it work for the search results, but it also work when an artist have only one album, when you expand the node of this artist, you see directly the tracks of the album.
I added a property called autoExpendOnSingleChild, and i added the line of code below at the complete end of the function named "branch" of the object "populate".

if(br.child.length==1 && pop.autoExpandSingleChild) pop.branch(br.child[0]], false , true);      

Reply #89
Hi Wilb. Firstly many thanks for a great component and it keeps getting better.

I have found a small problem with the following view;

View by Genre // %<genre>%|[%band% - ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%

As you should see I use multi-value genres.

I get a crash popup window telling me that at line 583 Col 93. 'Unable to get property 'name' of undefined or null reference.

It may be my inconsistant tagging but I wouldn't expect a crash.

Reply #90
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.2

CHANGELOG

FIX: Regression in multi-value tag handling

Reply #91
Hi. View by Folder Structure doest`n work?

Reply #92
It's working for me. I tried on main + portable install + no one else has reported issues.  I assume you have the foobar2000 media library enabled and it contains music. Bear in mind common folders aren't displayed - it should look similar to DUI album list with view by folder structure for comparison.

Reply #93
It's working for me. I tried on main + portable install + no one else has reported issues.  I assume you have the foobar2000 media library enabled and it contains music. Bear in mind common folders aren't displayed - it should look similar to DUI album list with view by folder structure for comparison.

Oh. Sorry, my mistake. I use WSH panel =))
Now all working!

But I'm not sure that correctly understood the last sentence. Explain in detail please, if possible with screenshots

Reply #94
Hey :). I'm curious if there's any version of the script that has better formatting and/or comments. Right now some lines are more than 300 characters long and I keep wondering if there's something wrong I did when loading the script. It almost looks like it's generated from some other tool. If this is the way you write code, then please don't take my comment as an insult. I'm sure that you have your preferences and if that's the case, I definitely won't comment against somebody that has done such awesome work for free :). I am merely trying to browse & understand the code so that I may learn to do some JSPanel components myself.

Reply #95
Hey :). I'm curious if there's any version of the script that has better formatting and/or comments. Right now some lines are more than 300 characters long and I keep wondering if there's something wrong I did when loading the script. It almost looks like it's generated from some other tool. If this is the way you write code, then please don't take my comment as an insult. I'm sure that you have your preferences and if that's the case, I definitely won't comment against somebody that has done such awesome work for free :). I am merely trying to browse & understand the code so that I may learn to do some JSPanel components myself.

Use http://jsbeautifier.org/ on the code .will help you browse it easier.

Reply #96
That's a pretty nice tool. Thank you! :). However, it's just a workaround. I am still wondering if the WilB has a better source somewhere. If not, I'm cool with that! :).

One more thing: do you know any other JSPanel components? Is there a repository for updated components (that work with the latest JSPanel)? I already have the "Smooth series" (br3tt). I'm trying to find more samples to look at :).

Reply #97
Hi Wilb!
I'm not a programmer and my English is bad, but I'll try :))))
good plugin, I use it at DUI,placing it under the standard playlist. (so that the coordinate "x" they have the same), and the horizontal separation between them moving manually, if necessary. Added to the script line "window.MinHeight=55;" (this can't reduce the window to zero and forget about it.) How to change the script so that when you turn on the player folder "All Music" was curtailed and the condition "window.MaxHeight = window.MinHeight" performed? But if clicked on the "minus" button (expand) to the left of the folder "All Music", or started "the search"- then the condition "window.MaxHeight" was terminated (false) , and the window was slightly extended in height (to get noticed and could manually increase the height of the window if you want) - for example "window.Height = window.MinHeight*3" , and when you click on the "plus" sign (collapse) "All Music" again became "window.MaxHeight = window.MinHeight" (true)

==============================
thought also that it can be easier to set two values of the height of the window selected by the user, and switch between them with the button "All Music" to expand/collapse

Reply #98
I am moving my music library to a new laptop where folder structure is changed.  I realize all those playlist files .fpl keep absolute folder structures like C:\Users\Jay\Documents\personal\foobar2000\Music library\.  I need to figure out a way to keep these file locations to be relative on the original laptop so that the new laptop can locate .cue files by a relative point.  Any ideas?  It'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks.  Jay

Reply #99
I am moving my music library to a new laptop where folder structure is changed.  I realize all those playlist files .fpl keep absolute folder structures like C:\Users\Jay\Documents\personal\foobar2000\Music library\.  I need to figure out a way to keep these file locations to be relative on the original laptop so that the new laptop can locate .cue files by a relative point.  Any ideas?  It'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks.  Jay
It seems that your issue isn't related to Library Tree Jscript. You should start a new topic, in the "general" board