Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 488470 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #750
Yes, but only in this particular case - and how does it look to you?

Reply #751
If the search normally works and does not give results only in this case, then I have no idea. And it does work for me with that search query.

Regarding to search autocomplete. AFAIK there are no public API for that. So, although in this particular case it gives nothing (for me too), in general case it still gives something and that is just 'good enough'.

Reply #752
I gave this example just as a curiosity, plugin works well.

Thanks.

Reply #753
How do I make by default have this format selected ? http://prntscr.com/ee486z I have tried to add in priority formats m4a but it doesn't  load with it. I'm doing this because I have in a ColumnUI the youtube video and its slow/breaking (video, the audio does fine) possibly my pc because its not very good but when I select that format it doesn't break

Reply #754
Preferred video and audio qualities are configured separately. To change default video quality go to Video tab of component preferences. To get what you want, enter 'mp4' (without quotes) in 'Priority of formats'.

By default, before determining best stream by format, components finds the bests by quality, e.g. by resolution/HFR/HDR in case of video. And selection by format is performed only if there are more than one stream with preferred quality. To make it select by format first, check 'Format takes precedence over quality' option in that Video tab.

Reply #755
I tried to configure the youtube search to show the results from the playlists in Youtube.com.
But, I couldn' t do it. Is there any way to do that? If not, could you implement that knid of thinkgs.
I know that I can play the files withinin a youtube playlist by copying and pasting the playlist address into "Menu-File-Add Location".

Reply #756
From yesterday, I've got this kind of error messages for some of youtube songs which were O.K to play.
I checked that there is no problem with playing them within Firefox browser.
One of them : http://youtube.com/watch?v=qabeIKjjhfI
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Page analysis, no video found on Youtube URL):
"youtube.com/watch?v=qabeIKjjhfI"

Reply #757
From yesterday, I've got this kind of error messages for some of youtube songs which were O.K to play.
I checked that there is no problem with playing them within Firefox browser.
One of them : http://youtube.com/watch?v=qabeIKjjhfI
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Getting info about clip, server error (code #403) | Page analysis, no video found on Youtube URL):
"youtube.com/watch?v=qabeIKjjhfI"

I have the exact same issue.
Been using foo_youtube for about a month now, working absolutely splendidly until I checked again today (didn't use it yesterday).

I get the same error as widerock on 80% of my playlist, for instance on this song: https://youtube.com/watch?v=TR3Vdo5etCQ
All songs affected play perfectly fine on browser (Google Chrome), just not foobar.

A few songs are not affected and do play on foobar, like: https://youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU (yes, I have that on my playlist :) )

I'm hoping this is a temporary problem on Youtube's end but considering widerock mentioned it started two days ago, I'm not sure.

Kind regards,
Sanchez

Reply #758
Yep. I'm fixing that.

Youtube often changes something on the site. Not necessary for security reasons (to prevent ones like this component from working) but just because they are constantly improving internal stuff.

So think about this like it's kinda specificity of the component. From time to time it just stops working. In that case just wait a day or so and update it. Notification about an error is also welcome if notification page (Help -> Youtube Source -> Report a problem) does not yet specify that fix for it is in progress.

I tried to configure the youtube search to show the results from the playlists in Youtube.com.
Yes, at the moment search is possible only for videos (like when in search on Youtube site is selected Filters -> Type -> Video).

Reply #759
From now on, announcements of new versions will be placed in first post of this topic.

Reply #760
Trying to add a feed (youtube channel) results in a popup saying:

The following error(s) occurred during loading of the location(s):
Security error

No info related to this action in the log. It didn't work for any URL I tried, but here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrSuicideSheep

This is the first time I'm using this feature on Linux, so I can't tell if it worked before. Playback from videos I still have in my playlists works fine though (with alternative SSL backend from your site).

Feel free to ask for any more info.

Reply #761
This post might be related somehow. At least proposed solution may work for you too.

Reply #762
Adding www.youtube.com to the HTTPS cert check excludes did not help, unfortunately.

Reply #763
Maybe try youtube.com without the www??

Reply #764
Same story. (Iirc all "youtube.com" urls get redirected to "www.youtube.com" anyway, which is stupid in this age imo, but w/e. This could only happen after a connection has been established, though.)

Reply #765
Ok, reproduced under Ubuntu 15, Wine 1.6 and 1.8. Wine 2.x works fine. Though under Ubuntu 16 Wine 1.6 works fine.

I haven't found a solution in cases when this issue is presented. I would suggest you consider using Wine 2.x is it's possible in your case. If it's not possible, or does not work, then you could say your OS name and version and I'll check what else can be done.

Reply #766
I'm using Wine staging 2.3 on Arch, so I suppose the "use 2.x" fix isn't in for me either. Thanks for taking a look.

Reply #767
So it appears to be that lib32-gnutls is optional dependency for Wine. And apparently it is used to provide schannel functionality. Installation of this package solved the issue for me on Arch.

Reply #768
Thanks, installing lib32-gnutls made it work for me too. So glad I can still use this awesome plugin on Linux :)

Reply #769
Every video I play stutters unbearably unless I manually select a different format or restart foobar2000. It happens every single time when a new video is (re)loaded.

Is this a normal behaviour, a limitation of some kind?

P. S. That’s funny, I deselected the option "Prefer HFR" and selected "Prefer HDR". No idea what this means, but that fixed it. Please ignore this comment.

Reply #770
I recently added this plugin to my new system. And I'm able to play a lot of youtube urls in foobar2000 and I'm thankful for this plugin.
Nevertheless when I add a "stream" url it stays an error message: Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Page analysis, no video found on Youtube URL):
"youtube.com/watch?v=2f4ztyFMot4"

youtube.com/watch?v=2f4ztyFMot4

Could it be that Youtube change something in the "stream" API or config? All videos that have a set duration or that are normal videos in youtube are working fin in foobar, except for streams.

Any suggestion to solving this issue?

Reply #772
I recently added this plugin to my new system. And I'm able to play a lot of youtube urls in foobar2000 and I'm thankful for this plugin.
Nevertheless when I add a "stream" url it stays an error message: Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Page analysis, no video found on Youtube URL):

youtube.com/watch?v=2f4ztyFMot4

Could it be that Youtube change something in the "stream" API or config? All videos that have a set duration or that are normal videos in youtube are working fin in foobar, except for streams.

I cannot playback live streams either. I am trying to play this live stream, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIQNxiKJoE , but I get this: http://i.imgur.com/86crNLs.png
Code: [Select]
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Page analysis, no video found on Youtube URL):
"youtube.com/watch?v=OpIQNxiKJoE"
Hopefully support for live streams will be added in the future. And, of course, thanks for the great plugin @3dyd !

Reply #773

I cannot playback live streams either. I am trying to play this live stream, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIQNxiKJoE , but I get this: http://i.imgur.com/86crNLs.png
Code: [Select]
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Page analysis, no video found on Youtube URL):
"youtube.com/watch?v=OpIQNxiKJoE"

See below:
One question, do you have any plan to add support for live youtube streams?
Support for live streams and clips which originally was live (so their source is chunked) is the must. However, I cannot give any estimation of when it will be available.

Reply #774
I've been using Foo_youtube plugin for a little more then a month now but all of a sudden I keep getting "Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: server error (403))" I have tried to Google a solution but I couldn't really find anything, some songs work fine but most of them just give that error, when I go to the link provided by the error it works find and isn't Private or anything.