Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dynamic Range plugin (Read 9050 times) previous topic - next topic
Tropoje and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Dynamic Range plugin

Reply #50
I went ahead and implemented a simple DR Meter: https://foobar.hyv.fi/?view=foo_dr_meter.
Yay!

Did a few brief tests. On a couple of tracks, yours returns a dB more than foo_dynamic_range . No problem unless it is a symptom of something, I'm just assuming it is roundoff.

Reply #51
foo_dr_meter works great and fast. It would be nice if you could enter the values ​​directly into the tag (e.g. DR_Track and DR_Album).

Reply #52
foo_dr_meter works great and fast. It would be nice if you could enter the values ​​directly into the tag (e.g. DR_Track and DR_Album).

Check settings under preferences - advanced.

Reply #53
For me it only says album grouping pattern.

Ups. Sorry. Replied too quickly.

Reply #54
I don't have the True Paek Scanner installed, just foo_dr_meter.

Reply #55
I don't have the True Paek Scanner installed, just foo_dr_meter.

Truepeak scanner is a one stop shop. You can use it instead of replay scanner as well. So just one scan and you have all truepeak, replaygain, clipping, lra and dr in your tags. Of course you can disable what you don't want.

Reply #56
Did a few brief tests. On a couple of tracks, yours returns a dB more than foo_dynamic_range . No problem unless it is a symptom of something, I'm just assuming it is roundoff.
I read somewhere the default component resamples everything to 44.1 kHz. My component doesn't do that as that shouldn't be necessary and the PDF paper describing the measurement doesn't speak anything about resampling. Another difference is that the old component clips at least sample peaks to 1.0. I do not clip anything as I consider that incorrect. Though if people disagree I can modify the behavior.

There can be other weirdnesses going on too. The algorithm paper for example tells to split the audio for RMS scanning to blocks that are 3 seconds in length. Then it says that in their example 3 seconds of audio at 44.1 kHz equals 132480 samples. That's 180 samples too much. 44100 * 3 = 132300.

Reply #58
I read somewhere the default component resamples everything to 44.1 kHz. My component doesn't do that as that shouldn't be necessary and the PDF paper describing the measurement doesn't speak anything about resampling. Another difference is that the old component clips at least sample peaks to 1.0. I do not clip anything as I consider that incorrect. Though if people disagree I can modify the behavior.

No disagreement over improved handling, please keep it - I only intended to raise the "are discrepancies to be expected?" question to a 1.0 version.

By the way, I tested CDDA stored losslessly, so it is not about resampling.

Reply #59
It was surprisingly difficult to make Windows use the new style, I couldn't make it work except by programmatically adjusting the dialog size.

If you're using cfgDialogPosition / window placement helper, you need to put apply_to_window after setting the style. IIRC, trial and error got me there. :P