Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_effect (Read 249094 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_dsp_effect

Reply #425
beta 5 out,

Hopefully the final stuff done to this component now is just bugfixes/maintenance (hoping to finish at 0.40 final). I really want this component finished and feature-complete in my eyes, since I desperately want to work on other projects that need my time.

Reply #426
Hello Mudlord, I would understand if this component would be used to make a DSP-based X-Over and Phase adjust.
Can I used it to take a stereo input (2 ASIO in) and to make a 3-way x-over (6 ASIO out) and then for each of the output set a delay?

PS: I am now using Thuneau Allocator (VST plug-in), however, it is not anymore maintained and I would look for another solution.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #427
That's completely out of the scope of this component.

This component is just for special effects. Nothing else.
Besides, its now in feature-freeze because it fulfills all my needs.

Reply #428
Hi Mudlord, thanks for your reply.
Do you know any "good" component (or solution) for my need?
Regards, Andrea

Reply #429
You might be able to achieve the channel doubling with Matrix Mixer and then user further effects with some other plugin.

Reply #430
Hi Sandrine, thanks for you kind reply. However, this component (Matrix Mixer) looks not maintained (last release in 2008).
Regards, Andrea

Reply #431
You may have looked, but what did you hear?

Reply #432
Hi Sandrine, thanks for you kind reply. However, this component (Matrix Mixer) looks not maintained (last release in 2008).
Regards, Andrea

I've been using the Matrix Mixer for years. There's really nothing to maintain as such, because it does what it's designed to do.

Reply #433
Hello Mudlord. Thank you for your work. I use the IIR Filters parametric EQ. Unfortunately the GUI makes it impossible to adjust some frequencies e.g. 35Hz with the slider.  Is there any chance to get this fixed? I use Windows 7. The lowest value I can adjust is 212Hz :/
Furthermore I would like to know, if this single band filter is the same like a peaking filter? For example in Equlizer APO. I really would like to use Foobar instead of Equliizer APO.

Thank you.

Reply #434
Saw your email. Noted, will get around to it when I can or when I feel like. Either way its not a unreasonable request at all.

Its indeed a peaking EQ. Single band.

I seen some public domain code around for a better EQ than the current foobar2000 1st party component. Might go about implementing that in the effect DSP. Ideally I wanted 0.40 to be the last release of the effect DSP as I think its quite feature complete.

Reply #436
X

Strange, don't get any errors here.

What version of the component do you have? Might have to ask Senor DEATH or kode for the uploaded crash logs.

Reply #438
Using one of the DirectX effects in "Decoding speed test" causes fb2k to crash.

https://help.foobar2000.org/problem/80251b0dca5d4a8f3d8bc71b8caf757a

Thanks, ill see about debugging that.

Alternately there is another way to fix it, involving software emulation of the effects, but that will take a while to implement.

Reply #439
I have one small feature request. Could there be a way to have the plugin adjust the pitch of a track by reading the pitch offset from a tag? Basically I want to be able to tag each song with how much I want it to be pitched slight up or slightly down, and have the plugin always adjust that track every time it's played...

Reply #440
That would mean that the pitch sub-component would have to be active first to read the tag. Decode preprocessors got around this since they are read for certain formats *before* the main input decoder is loaded. I suppose checking if a tag is present on the current track: then move to specified amount, otherwise pay attention to currently enabled status and the current amount the dsp is set to.

Reply #442
@leonsk can you try that please?

also includes the metadata to pitch changing.

the meta data has to be "pitch_amt" with the amount of change as the exact number of semitones as a float.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?action=dlattach;sa=tmpattach;attach=post_tmp_49165_6ef55fed1594e2a93781ff571a7d3376;topic=84544

Guess the issue was initializing COM, per thread (the absence of doing that)

Reply #443
there, made new rls.

I tested what I could with the file convertor and the decode speed test. Threads in which the COM based DX components run in dont seem to crash anymore. Seems for each thread you must init and kill COM, which I forgot, which happened to work by mistake since FB2K starts COM anyway.

Reply #444
I guess I can do some refinements to the tag reading, such as doing a on-file play callback and then enabling the dsp, then its simply a case of changing the dsp or turning off as needed.

I assume the lack of response is a reason the fixes for DX filters are working?

Reply #445
Question: is it possible to use some portions of your playback rate code and add it easily into Android / mobile version of foobar? I am asking more from technical point of view, as I have no idea about portability of code and your code for this certain plugin.

That is something for Peter to consider, only he has control of the source. SoundTouch should work fine on Android.

If there's any way of porting it to mobile and more specifically Playback Rate Shift I'd be eternally grateful, cheers

Reply #446
also includes the metadata to pitch changing.
the meta data has to be "pitch_amt" with the amount of change as the exact number of semitones as a float.
If this new function can transpose songs without having to use Dynamic DSP, thank you master
But how to use it ?
I add the metadata "pitch_amt" with a value ("2.0" for example), but the tone does not change
I tried with the "Pitch Shift" DSP alone and with the "Pitch Tempo Rate" UI Element

Reply #447
the dsp has to be in the dsp chain first.

Reply #448
@mudlord Just updated to 0.41 and can confirm that it works now, no more crashes.
Sorry for the late reply.

Reply #449
Excellent. Problem indeed was me misreading how COM works. Praise be to MSDN.