Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: introducing foo_syfm (Read 128093 times) previous topic - next topic

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #75
Yeah, I just noticed that as I started to read your post. What's happening is that the old method of getting the path gave me the location of the plugin dll. Which was in the foobar\components directory. So I had to go up a level before going into the config directory. Didn't remember that so now that the method gives me the foobar2000.exe location (or the profile dir) instead of a subdirectory, it went up into the parent folder of foobar or the profile. It's fixed now. Along with the word-wrap bug that I never noticed til today.

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #76
loading incorrect config (reported previously, confirmed by mazy) bug still exists.

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #77
aron, could you take your time and give billcow step-by-step instructions to duplicate it? so he could look into it ...

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #78
I've got foo_syfm.dll loaded and put my .fb2k-files in c:\Program\audio\foobar2000\configs. Still, Preferences->Display->Title Formatting->Config Selector shows just an empty listbox. Pressing Refresh Listing doesn't change a thing.

What might be wrong?

//Anders

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #79
What might be wrong?

Since I've foobar2000 installed on a WinXP, and had enabled separate configurations for each user, the configs directory should go into Documents and Settings.

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #80
aron, could you take your time and give billcow step-by-step instructions to duplicate it? so he could look into it ...

yep.

it's a somewhat tough bug to describe, however. basically....

- originally, i copy-pasted someone's formatting into my player and saved it using foo_syfm's save feature. i titled the file "man.fb2k"

- then, over time, i modified the formatting in foobar's title formatting area. i saved the modified strings again using foo_syfm, and titled it "man edited.fb2k"

at this point:

i continued to make changes to the formatting that foobar was using. each time i made a change, i would save my settings to the same "man edited" file. (when prompted that it already existed, and asked whether i wanted to replace it, i would select YES).

HOWEVER. if i saved the new settings to the same file and then double clicked (or clicked "load") on "man edited," it would load the original "man" theme.

now, upon further saving settings to "man edited 2.fb2k", "man edited 3.fb2k", etc., the process is even more screwy. my NEWEST formatting loads when i double-click "man edited". the ORIGINAL man formatting loads when i click "man edited 3"....

in other words, if i were to assign numbers to each of the formattings:
1: man      <---- ORIGINAL
2: man edited
3: man edited2
4: man edited3   <---- NEWEST

when i double click 4, it loads 1. when i double click 2, it loads 4.

there is really no clearer way i can explain this, as its incredibly weird in and of itself. hopefully you can understand now, though.
-aron

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #82
aron, I noticed this thing also, but only when there's uneven number of configs. Ie when I have 3 configs it loads them weirdly, but if I add fourth there, it works like a charm again.

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #83
hrm with 0.8b6 i just got this plugin ..

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 5849 ms
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_syfm.dll, reason: Unable to load dll.

thats the error im getting

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #84
hrm with 0.8b6 i just got this plugin ..

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 5849 ms
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_syfm.dll, reason: Unable to load dll.

thats the error im getting

You need msvcr70.dll, like mentioned earlier in this thread. Read back about a page or so.

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #85
Long time no see  .

I haven't worked on foo_syfm for a while - in fact, I only realized yesterday that 0.8 was already in beta. I'm sorry about that - I've been distracted - mainly by a few racing "games" (really more sim-like - specifically EA's F1 Challenge '99-'02 and Papyrus' (famous for their NASCAR games) Grand Prix Legends (1967 formula one - made in 1998, it still manages to be amazing, both in terms of physics and, if you install a few user-made add-ons, graphics)- go to http://www.racesimcentral.com/ if ya wanna find out more.). Other stuff too, but mainly just the fact that I'm not really in the mood for any work on it. And that isn't looking too likely to change any time soon. Sorry.

And I still haven't so much as figured out even a possible reason for that bug - not that I've tried to figure it out lately, but last time I did I got nowhere.

If someone else is able to read my source code go ahead and work on it - I haven't added anything new since the version on my site (I'm not sure if I uploaded the version that fixed the config location bug, but if I didn't it's just a matter of changing one of the truncate calls for the path string. And the word-wrap was just a matter of disabling auto horizontal scroll-bars.) so you'll be starting from the newest code. I'm not going to be working on it for a while at least.

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #87
New release based upon the last version released by billcow and following changes:

- rearanged config page
- fixed wrong file loading/saving issues
- fixed refreshing of config list (entries in menu are always fresh)
- compile with VC 6 (no mscrt70.dll dependency)

Get version 2.6.0 from foo_syfm.zip

Cheers!

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #88
great news filon, thanks a lot!

btw may i know where / what was the loading / saving error?

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #89
great news filon, thanks a lot!

btw may i know where / what was the loading / saving error?

That was quite simple ;-) Config list had property "sort" turned on, so the names were sorted, but plugin wasn't aware about it and was using item indices in order of adding to the list, not in sorted order.

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #90
Thanks!

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #91
New release based upon the last version released by billcow and following changes:

- rearanged config page
- fixed wrong file loading/saving issues
- fixed refreshing of config list (entries in menu are always fresh)
- compile with VC 6 (no mscrt70.dll dependency)

Get version 2.6.0 from foo_syfm.zip

Cheers!

hanks a lot Filon (you're a good one, hin hin hin)... I didn't know that there were a foo_syfm compatible with foobar 0.8...
i'm gald to use this plugin again... Thanks to billycow and you...
Bye

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #92
ok, forgive me if this has been asked before, but i searched around and couldn't find an answer. i'm sure it's something really obvious, but whenever i attempt to change the look and feel of foobar2000 (either manually, using the playlist codes from other sites or with syfm files), i get all these f&*ed up characters in foobar that don't look anything like the screen grabs. am i doing something wrong?

(using v.82 with win-xp/sp1)

thanks!

ak

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #93
Well, first off, do you use the correct fonts?

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #94
it can't work properly with foobar2000 special (published on 2.12.2005) when per-user settings enabled

sorry,it's my problem. solved. 
just put the "configs" into "C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Application Data\foobar2000".

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #95
this may sound very ignorant, but these configs needed are the ones that end in .fcs normally and need to be renamed to .fb2k?

im guessing these are column ui configs...

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #96
I have problems with this:
I try to select different configs but nothing happens, even if I restart foobar2000

introducing foo_syfm

Reply #97
May be someone could adopt this plugin for foobar 0.9?
That would be cool!
minka niau!