Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Copy selected files, include folder.jpg (Read 1796 times) previous topic - next topic

Copy selected files, include folder.jpg

I'm looking for a way to copy files in the currently displayed playlist, but also include folder.jpg if it exists in the file folder.

I can accomplish this last part using the "Convert" dialog (Other -> When Done), but I don't need to convert the format of my music files. It sure would be handy if you could just tell this utility to not convert anything. Converting FLAC to FLAC takes a long time.

The "File Operations" dialog gives the option to copy entire source folders (including *.jpg's), but this would include a bunch of tracks I don't want.

I suppose I could write my own script using an .M3U file, but looking for a way to do this easily in Foobar.

FYI, my use case is I'm trying to populate my Sansa Clip Zip MP3 player with my favorite tracks including album art. Most of my files are FLAC, and I don't embed the album art. Anyone know a way to do this?

Reply #1
Though it is an old component, you could try foo_sendtodevice.

Thread and Link

Reply #2
Though it is an old component, you could try foo_sendtodevice.

Thread and Link

Perfect! Thanks so much!

I still think this functionality might as well be baked into Foobar. It would probably extremely easy from a programming perspective to add the ability to not do any format conversion using the existing, and otherwise awesome, "Convert" dialog.

Reply #3
May ask from what background are you deciding that it is probably extremely easy to program this?

You can google for the the source code to foo_sendtodevice and have a go at updating it and providing more functionality.

Reply #4
I still think this functionality might as well be baked into Foobar. It would probably extremely easy from a programming perspective to add the ability to not do any format conversion using the existing, and otherwise awesome, "Convert" dialog.

Yes, that would be very convenient! Though, even if it might be more work, I think it'd be worthwhile to add the feature where it really belongs. Instead of altering the Converter component to include what is really a copy function, it'd be logical to change the feature within File Operations from an "all or nothing" checkbox function ("Copy entire source folder content") to an input box which allows more control of what gets copied (ala "Copy other files to the destination folder" in the Converter Setup dialog).