Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Theme change? (Read 13210 times) previous topic - next topic

Theme change?

So what's happened guys?

Theme has turned to some God awful fixed width thing and even if I try and set it back to Forum Default it won't change back?

Re: Theme change?

Reply #1
OK this is awful. Is there any reason why the old theme has been removed completely?

Reply #2
I would like to get back the old theme too.

Reply #3
The ElkArte board is a lot better.  :) 

Reply #4
I like the new one.

Reply #6
Same.

C.
Same.

Reasons:
- Posts in 'Recent topics' section don't have 'new' tags anymore.
- Different behavior when clicking on topic from 'Recent topics' section and when clicking directly from forum: the former always goes to the latest post, which is annoying.
- 'Recent topics' section is not displayed in mobile view.
- Subjective: green color is meh... Also mismatches with HA logo color.

Reply #8
Count me in the pack of old grumpy cats / other animals who frown at change.
I like change, but only if it is a change for the better. Right now, the design is ugly, the flavicon isn't HA anymore, and most important, functionality of the board is lacking.

Reply #9
Darn... Colors are getting worse... Check out that yellow in the post meter >_<

[EDIT]: Aliased icons in the header do not help either...

Reply #10
Russians?
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #11
I would like any theme that let's you choose what page of a topic you want to go to instead of just landing on page one. This hasn't been possible in a couple of years.

Reply #14
OMG. Color is obviously horribly wrong, but fixed width on a 27'' monitor? C'mon admins...

Reply #15
...I really like the new style but I would change the colors to the old blue and you need to make the logo clickable, that's how I go back to the home page ON EVERY WEBSITE.

Reply #16
I would like the dark theme back, or something of the sort  :(

Reply #17
I can only assume kode54 updated the forum without having HA theme working to fix some serious security issue. No other reason for this hideous and unusable theme.

Reply #18
Not a fan of this new theme too. Can't distinguish between newly responded topics anymore.

Reply #20
It is almost the same as lately when the forum software had the big change. Guess kode54 was happy enough to got it upgraded last night. Now it simply is pretty default and banner action, colors, go to last post and other tunings will come back as soon kode54 finds the time.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #22
Also it's been madening to quote someone and write after said quote, on account of the cursor on either Chrome or Firefox not showing up outside the quotation. Had to resort to the 'View source' option for the quote above.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #23
I updated the forum. Thanks to the no-support design of this lovely FOSS forum, I have to redo the theme from scratch every time they decide to rearrange the theme format. This also means that the old "dark" theme, Silence, is completely broken, even though I updated it to the latest version before giving up and removing it.

I'll have to redo the colors, and bug the developers about why they hard coded a fixed width into the forum theme even though I have it configured to 100% in the settings.

And the cursor works fine here.

I'll upload the theme files to a Git repository again, and welcome pull releases for changes to fix things, since it's painful for me to even think in CSS, much less work with the code at all.

Here's the mess, anyone want to help restoring the altered colors and other theme bits?

https://github.com/kode54/hydrogenaudio-elkarte-theme

Reply #24
I don't exactly visit every day, and I have a short memory. So it's kind of hard to compare the current theme to what is left in my head. I know it looks uglier, but I don't know exactly why?

Could you list a set of goals you want to achieve while we transition the current theme to our liking? And then we can tackle them one at a time. Maybe we won't get 100% to where we were, but somewhere everybody can feel comfortable.

I hear width as a priority? How wide?
And Colors? maybe we could do some simple swaps?