Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to create a Comments tag per track in Playlist? (Read 1897 times) previous topic - next topic

how to create a Comments tag per track in Playlist?

Using Facets, SimPlaylist, Playlist Attributes. 
As part of the processs of creating a Playlist that I save and use again, I want to have a comments tag so I can add some very brief notes, like 'Good to end on', etc.  Ideally, I would want to edit them in-line but if I have to use Tagbox, I will.

I have tried to make this work already by adding in a Custom column into SimPlaylist and then adding the column into the Playlist UI (Facets).  It comes up with a '?' for all tracks but when I use Tagbox or track Properties to add some text, it doesn't display - stays as a '?'.

Ideally, if I can get it to display, I would like to see the text scrollable within the field.

Thanks in advance,
Zarty

Reply #1
It's ok, I solved it.  Bit confused though.  I had a 'Comment' tag in the DUI PlayList view in Preferences.  In Facets, Columns,  I had another 'Comment' column active.  I understand it should only be in one place, so I removed the Facets 'Comment' column.  This fixed the issue and I can see the comment text in the DUI Comment column.  Not sure were this tag is best located - Facets column or DUI.

Zarty

Reply #2
Zarty
From message one, it sounds like you are using simplaylist. Message two dui playlist view. Please try and keep terms consistent so help can be effective.

You are using the Default User Interface, Facets as your media library browser and your playlist viewer is Simplaylist [not the playlist viewer that comes with the standard foobar2000 installation which is what I think of when someone say dui playlist].

I understand it should only be in one place, so I removed the Facets 'Comment' column

It still sounds that you have some confusion. There is no reason for "it" to be in one place. There is no Facets 'comment' column and no playlist view 'comment' column. In other words, there are only foobar2000 tag fields take can be viewed in various manners. A Foobar2000 tag field can be named anything you want. It is the titleformmating pattern that controls where information is stored. A tag field named comment with the pattern %comment% will show the same information wherever you choose. Place it in your Facets viewer and /or in a playlist view. If both do not show the same information, you have defined two comment fields at some point. In a similar vein, create a column in your playlist viewer named column and with nothing as the pattern and you will get nothing. Create it with a pattern %col% and it will, of course, not show information that you have stored in %column%.