Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Synchronize foobar with MP3 player? (Read 22553 times) previous topic - next topic

Synchronize foobar with MP3 player?

Hey guys,

I think i'm blind, but I can't find any option to synchronize tracks (or just simply upload) to my MP3 player from Sony. It's designed to work with Windows Media Player, however that piece of s*it always creates files in my folders "AlbumArtSmall.jpg" and so on.. Which is exactly what I do not want..
Is there any way how to make the MP3 player work with foobar?
Thanks a lot

Reply #1
There is no way to get PlaysForSure devices to work with foobar2000.

Winamp supports them, though.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
There is no way to get PlaysForSure devices to work with foobar2000.

Winamp supports them, though.

Now this sucks... damn..    OK, I think I have to accept the occasional not displaying of YEAR in the player when copying over UMS.
thanks anyway!

Reply #3
Does anyone know if its possible to sync a Philips HDD6320/05 (GoGear)?
I really want to use foobar for all my needs but so far its looking like its missing the relevant plugins for my player

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I thought it relevant to post here.

Thanks

Reply #4
Bump.
Anyone? Please

Reply #5
Try foo_sendtodevice and see if this plugin helps you out.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #6
shakey_snake: what is the difference between PlaysForSure and MTP? I mean, Sony can transfer files via MTP or UMS. So if there is any MTP support in foobar, it should work.. Shouldn't it?

Reply #7
There is a way to use Sony / other players natively in MTP mode and therefore this plugin:

Control Panel>> System>> Hardware>> Device Manager

1). Search for Sony Walkman (or other player) in the list of equipment - if you've already plug it in Win XP installed, we have designated it as MTP device
2) press "Update Driver" button
3) the question whether the computer has to connect to the network select "not this time"
4) select "Choose driver from a specific location"
5) select "Do not Search - I will choose the driver to install myself"
6) in the "Show compatible hardware" Windows shows you two options
> you have a choice for drivers: "MTP Device" or "USB Mass Storage Device"
> Choose the second one
7) Now U can use your player as UMS device (with a proper drive letter)

I hope this helps, in my case it was more than enough after hours of seraching

Reply #8
@new-oscar:
Maybe you schould change your first line:

From
"There is a way to use Sony / other players natively in MTP mode and therefore this plugin:"

to
"There is a way to use Sony / other players natively in MTP mode and therefore with foo_fileops and foo_sendtodevice:"

Reply #9
There is a way to use Sony / other players natively in MTP mode and therefore this plugin:

Control Panel>> System>> Hardware>> Device Manager

1). Search for Sony Walkman (or other player) in the list of equipment - if you've already plug it in Win XP installed, we have designated it as MTP device
2) press "Update Driver" button
3) the question whether the computer has to connect to the network select "not this time"
4) select "Choose driver from a specific location"
5) select "Do not Search - I will choose the driver to install myself"
6) in the "Show compatible hardware" Windows shows you two options
> you have a choice for drivers: "MTP Device" or "USB Mass Storage Device"
> Choose the second one
7) Now U can use your player as UMS device (with a proper drive letter)

I hope this helps, in my case it was more than enough after hours of seraching

Well. I would prefer a MTP plugin as it seems like the sony players don't read the date tag but uses it's own database of release years or something (or maybe a YEAR tag?).

But this is still great!
Finally I can if I wish play music from the player on my computer.
Or use tagmp3 to change erronous tags (without copying the music to my computer first).
Thank you oscar

Reply #10
Afaik the Sony devices only support id3v2.3 tags. Foobar2000 writes id3v2.4 tags if you don't activate the id3v2 writer compatibility mode.