Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audigy 1-2 drive compatibility? (Read 2516 times) previous topic - next topic

Audigy 1-2 drive compatibility?

I have a quick question:

Will an audigy2 ('player' i.e. cheapest version) accept an audigy 1 5 1/4 drive from my old audigy1 platinum card? Would save me a lot of $$$ if so!

Reply #1
I'd like to know the same thing.

Reply #2
Creative FAQ

Translation:

Q: Can I use my current external Audigy drive with Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX?

A: Unfortunately this option is not supported as the connection between the card and the I/O-Module of the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX are now different than before. Therefore the buttons (I believe they mean connector here) have a physically different size.
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.

Reply #3
Won't work for Platinum either as for Platinum eX.

Reply #4
A: Unfortunately this option is not supported as the connection between the card and the I/O-Module of the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX are now different than before. Therefore the buttons (I believe they mean connector here) have a physically different size.

Thank you for looking that up! On the other hand creative would be -crazy- to admit it'd work.. did anyone actually try if the connectors are compatible?