Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Official FLAC support in Kenwood Music Keg (Read 9505 times) previous topic - next topic

Official FLAC support in Kenwood Music Keg

FLAC support in the Phatbox and Kenwood Music Keg is now official; see here.

Before, FLAC support was limited to "unsupported" firmware but it's in the official firmware now, as well as being supported in the PhatNoise Music Manager software.

Reply #1
so.... what about OGG ? (or have I missed something?)

Reply #2
Originally posted by maciey
so.... what about OGG ? (or have I missed something?)

If you mean Vorbis, I think they use an ARM10 with no FP, so they might need an integer decoder.

Josh

Reply #3
by the time I got a car (and money for such a neat toy) it will have vorbis and.... who-knows-what supported  .But anyway it's super-cool to have losslessly compressed music on a decent car stereo (would be on home one too). Keep up the good job, people!

Reply #4
I don't have one of these hardware players but am a big user of FLAC, i tend to use it as my only compression format because i don't have such an extensive CD collection that would fill a modern hard disk unlike many people! (wish i had  )

Anyway, i find the official acceptance of a free, open source audio compression codec excelent news. When i  make my own car audio player FLAC will be my 'drink of choice' 

Just have to wait for other companies to make use of other patent free audio codecs such as vorbis which will be much more usable in small portable players.

Anyways, just wanna give my thanks to Josh for developing and maintaining, in my opinion, the best lossless compression codec. Cheers 

Kristian